PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts Space wolves for a 2 vs. 2 game

Roguetrader
08-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Thursday 19, I have wolf pups in combat for the first time. There will be a 2 vs. 2 games of 1000 pts armies and I intend to play the following list
1000 Pts - Space Wolves Roster

1 Rune Priest in Power Armour @ 125 pts Chooser of the Slain; Melta Bombs; Wolftooth Necklace; Bolt Pistol; Runic Weapon; Jaws of the World Wolf; Living Lightning)

8 Grey Hunters Pack @ 175 pts Mark of the Wulfen; Meltagun; Rhino)

8 Grey Hunters Pack @ 175 pts Mark of the Wulfen; Meltagun; Rhino)

9 Blood Claws Pack @ 170 pts Rhino

1 Predator @ 165 pts Twin Linked Lascannon; Lascannon (each side))

1 Wolf Guard Pack @ 189 pts
3 Wolf Guard in Power Armour Power Fist x3
1 Razorback Twin Linked Lascannon)

Total Roster Cost: 999

I know that predators are too expensive, but until I get hold of some long fangs, it comes with the army

comments and criticisms are welcome

BlindGunn
08-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Some people will tell you to drop the Blood Claws. I won't because I LIKE them - they're Fluffy! ;)

I would put the Blood Claws in a transport - they need to get into Close Combat by any means. If you cannot free up the points, take one of the rhinos from the Grey Hunters - they have bolters - they can shoot farther!

Predator is expensive but you explained your choice. If you're going to play 1000 points often, I would definitely get the Long Fangs painted ASAP!

The Wolf Guard bother me. There's too few of them to be an effective stand-alone unit. I think you may be better off using these 3 as Pack Leaders for the Grey Hunters and Blood Claws, then use the points of the Razorback for something else. Have any Speeders and/or Grey Hunters? Power fist for the Blood Claws?

Roguetrader
08-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Some people will tell you to drop the Blood Claws. I won't because I LIKE them - they're Fluffy! ;)

I would put the Blood Claws in a transport - they need to get into Close Combat by any means. If you cannot free up the points, take one of the rhinos from the Grey Hunters - they have bolters - they can shoot farther!

Predator is expensive but you explained your choice. If you're going to play 1000 points often, I would definitely get the Long Fangs painted ASAP!

The Wolf Guard bother me. There's too few of them to be an effective stand-alone unit. I think you may be better off using these 3 as Pack Leaders for the Grey Hunters and Blood Claws, then use the points of the Razorback for something else. Have any Speeders and/or Grey Hunters? Power fist for the Blood Claws?

Well I forgot to put the blood claws's rhino in the list :)
The wolfguards go with the Grey hunters and blood claws and their razorback is supposed to act as reserve antitank hunter together with the predator.