Dakilla
08-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I’ve got a double tourney in a few weeks. It’s 2x 1000 points with special FOC:
1-2 HQ's
2-4 Troops
0-2 Elite
0-2 Fast
0-2 Heavy

No abilities may affect the other team, so no fortuning terminators. Doom does work since it affects the enemy unit.

This are the two lists I made:

999 Pts - Space Wolves Roster

Rune Priest in Power Armour @ 100 pts ( Jaws of the World Wolf; Living Lightning)
3 Wolf Guard Pack @ 104 pts (Combi-Meltagun x2; Power Fist x2)
1 Dreadnought @ 140 pts (Multi-Melta; Drop Pod)
9 Grey Hunters Pack @ 200 pts (Mark of the Wulfen; Wolf Standard; Meltagun; Rhino)
9 Grey Hunters Pack @ 200 pts (Mark of the Wulfen; Wolf Standard; Meltagun; Rhino)
6 Long Fangs Pack @ 140 pts Missile Launcher x5
1 Vindicator @ 115 pts

999 Pts - Eldar Roster

1 Yriel, Prince @ 155
1 Eldrad Ulthran @ 210 pts
5 Warlock Unit @ 291 pts (3x Destructor; Embolden; Enhance; Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones; TL Shuriken Cannons)
7 Harlequin Troupe @ 188 pts (Harlequins Kiss x3; Shadowseer; Troupe Master with Power Weapon)
5 Rangers @ 95 pts
5 Dire Avengers @ 60 pts

Models that I have extra:
-Logan Grimnar
-Canis Wolfborn
-Iron Priest on Thunderwolf
-Wolf guard terminator (3x TH/SS, Arjac Rockfist, 2x twin WC’s, PF CML, Chainfist/SB, 2x PW/SB)
-Wolf guard (combi-plasma/PF,FW/boltpistol, 2x combi-melta/PF)
-15 Grey hunters still in the box
-2 Long Fangs Multi-melta
-Land Raider Redeemer Multimelta
-5 Wolf Scouts, (Motw, Meltagun)
-8 Bikes (2 PW, 1 Meltagun)
-2 Attack Bikes (1 HB, 1 MM)
-15 Fenrisian Wolves
- Landspeeder typhoon missile launcher
- Whirlwind

Eldar:
-2 Wave Serpent Bright lances
-6 Fire Dragons, Exarch Firepike
-6 Howling Banshees, Exarch Executionar
-6 Striking Scorpions, Exarch Biting Blade
-4 Dire Avengers, Exarch 2x Avenger Shuriken Catapult
-5 Rangers
-10 Guardians, Missile Launcher/shuriken cannon platform
-Wraithlord, twin flamer, Missile launcher/Brightlance
-3 War Walkers Shuriken cannons
-5 Dark Reapers, Exarch, tempest launcher
-Farseer

So any tips on the lists or some completely better list? It’s gonna be 3 matches, standard rulebook scenarios. Sorry for the long post.

08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
I've got a doubles tourney coming up in a few weeks as well with a similar FOC. In this one, though, we're not allowed to take more than one special character per team. I wonder if that's like your tournament as, if so, you might need to reconsider the Eldrad/Yriel. As well, though, you've also taken three HQs. Is that legal given your FOC? ....unless these lists are not your combined 2k list.

I think the Space Wolves is a pretty solid list you have. Personally, I don't like mixing weapons on the Long Fangs squad, so I like the load out you have there. The dreadnought you have, though, I think you're hoping for a lot from it's m.melta after it drop pods in. It's your only forward-acting model and it's not as though regular dreadnoughts are all that hard to kill. Have you considered a rifleman dreadnought? The one with two twin-linked autocannons? It'll have more reliably transport killing capacities and be better protected due to range and the opportunity to take advantage of cover early on. Plus, that loadout might actually save you a few points. With those few extra points, I would suggest dropping the vindicator and getting more Long Fangs, but then I realized you don't have access to more of those models with m. launchers. :( Honestly, of the models you have I think you have the best loadout.

Dakilla
08-17-2010, 10:25 AM
The FOC is for each separate 1000 pts army. So it's legal.

BlindGunn
08-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Was your intent to split the Wolf Guard as Pack Leaders?

Dakilla
08-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes. The combi-melts/PF go together with the Grey Hunters. The other one with the Long Fangs. Rune priest goes with Long Fangs aswell

BlindGunn
08-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I would recommend forgoing the Drop Pod on the Dread. I find a single unit coming in by itself doesn't usually last long enough for the rest of the army to come in and save it. If it's a "suicide mission", then that's fine - you'll be surprised if it lasts, but a single pod usually just means 2 Kill Points.

If I'm Podding onto the table, I'm usually going for 2 or more pods to land 1st turn. That means at least 3 pods.

You could do it with your present list - replacing all the Grey Hunter Rhinos with Pods, but it's a very different playing style - not everyone likes it. You would also potentially be leaving the Vindicator and Long Fangs unprotected and unsupported.

Dakilla
08-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about not taking the drop pod. My Eldar side is pretty fast in they're face with the seer counsil so that helps my dreadnought.

Dakilla
08-18-2010, 11:46 PM
What do you guys think about the Eldar list?