PDA

View Full Version : DFB's Painting WIP's

dogfacedboy_uk1
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Here is photographic evidence of my lack of miniature photography skill. I am really dissapointed that I couldn't capture the real colours in an evenly lit way. The highlighting doesn't show very well unfortunately. Looking at the photo you would say it needs more, but trust me it doesn't!! Looks fine irl. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, the kneepads need a little more work though.

This is the test model, have another two nearly done, look pretty similiar. The colours used were catachan green which was then washed (selectively) many times with devlan mud to build up shadowed areas when that was done I thinned down some black, got right into the shadowed areas and finished them off. Then I did the highlights with some green artists acrylic ink stuff (not gw) and some system 3 artists acrylic, I think i used the ink on the metal areas to indicate there was paint there once. Metals were done with boltgun metal, washed with black, washed with devlan mud, bestial brown dabbed on, catchachan green washes and metals drybrushed back in at various stages with chainmail silver highlighting.

All I can say is that it looks a whole lot better than this photo shows which is a shame. But I will post up some squad shots when complete. The conversion work includes some nice shield - one from living flesh with slash wounds, one with a hideous tongue and face, another has an eye, hand on a chain, nurgle symbols etc and i may do a head conversion.

I have one more set of these guys to do which will probably be made into mounted knights, with a scratch build of some type of nurgle beast, or a worm rider etc - ideas appreciated.

Well it is interesting to have a go at painting again, just a shame I cant photograph it so people can see properly and judge it accordingly. I will be popping into GW Plymouth tomorrow so I may take them along for some opinions - if they are not too busy controlling swarms of kids. I only need one pot of paint as well and I have to put up with the madness for the sake of that. God help me......

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h182/dogfacedboy_uk1/Nurgle%20Warriors/test1.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h182/dogfacedboy_uk1/Nurgle%20Warriors/test2.jpg

Hit me.

dfb