PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE REPORT THREAD: Blood Angels Codex: Blood Angels vs Alaitoc (12/06/2017)

Mayhems_Muse
12-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Blood Angels

Battalion

Captain w. jump pack and Relic blade- 114- Veritas Vitae

Librarian Dreadnought- 172

Lt w. power sword w/Jump pack -82

Lt w. power sword w/Jump pack -82

15x Death Company with jump packs w/ 15x Hand Flamer, 8x Chainswords, 2x Power Fists, 5x Power swords- 359

5x Tactical Squad w/ power sword- 69

Outrider Detachment

The Sanguinor – 170

Company Ancient – 63- (will be taking the Standard of Sacrifice)

5x Assault Squad w/ Jump packs w/ power sword – 84

Death Company Dreadnought w/ x2 hvy flamers and blood talons – 189
Supreme Command Detachment
Brother Corbulo- 94

Librarian w. force sword- 96

Librarian w/ Jump Pack and force sword- 120

2001 8/8 CP

Eldar List – Alaitoc

Farseer w. singing spear- 105- The Phoenix Gem

3x Warlock Conclave- 90

5x rangers – 65

5x rangers – 65

5x rangers – 65

7x rangers – 89

10x Wraithguard w. wraithcannons- 400

10x Dark Reapers w, 1x tempest launcher- 275

Spiritseer – 45

Autarch Skyrunnner w. Laser Lance- 108
5x Dire Avengers -65

5x Dire Avengers -65
5x Dire Avengers -65
Wraithlord w/ 2x flamers 2x shuriken cannon – 141
3x Warwalkers w/ 2x scatters (each) 210
10 Striking Scorpions w/ biting blade – 147
2000 9/9 CP

Mayhems_Muse
12-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Oh man, WHAT A LIST.

I'll admit, my main strategy is usually destroy the big dudes first, they look nasty and can probably kill me quickly. Because, Glass Cannon.

This list had a LOT of new things for me. I'd never fielded an Autarch, a Warlock Conclave, Dark Reapers, or Striking Scorpions. SO MANY NEW THINGS. I went home with my list the night before, and spent the whole evening researching powers, figuring out how to field them, and what Stratagems to use. SO MUCH.

I really like the Webway stratagem. In an army with no Transports, that came in REALLY handy. I knew the Wraith Guard would be flashy and probably get murdered in the first turn, so getting them in quickly to do damage first was crucial. I firmly believe that getting to go first won me this game. It would have been ENTIRELY different if JR had won the roll and stolen that.

Striking Scorpions. TOTALLY my MVP. Their shooting was great, their combat was better... MAN. They just kicked ***. I also loved those Reapers! Fire and Fade is crucial with them, and MAN is it nasty. I learned that one from Matt A, who won the tournament we broadcasted sunday from Dragons Lair. They're NASTY with those Launchers.

Warlock Conclave... Meh. I really prefer the Farseer for Psychic powers. He's my go-to Bae. I really like him on a Skyrunner, so I can zip him around to where he needs to be. Plus all his powers, his denies, and his Runes of the Farseer reroll. BAE.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's what gets me from the start.

JayArr
12-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Oh man, WHAT A LIST.

I'll admit, my main strategy is usually destroy the big dudes first, they look nasty and can probably kill me quickly. Because, Glass Cannon.

This list had a LOT of new things for me. I'd never fielded an Autarch, a Warlock Conclave, Dark Reapers, or Striking Scorpions. SO MANY NEW THINGS. I went home with my list the night before, and spent the whole evening researching powers, figuring out how to field them, and what Stratagems to use. SO MUCH.

I really like the Webway stratagem. In an army with no Transports, that came in REALLY handy. I knew the Wraith Guard would be flashy and probably get murdered in the first turn, so getting them in quickly to do damage first was crucial. I firmly believe that getting to go first won me this game. It would have been ENTIRELY different if JR had won the roll and stolen that.

Striking Scorpions. TOTALLY my MVP. Their shooting was great, their combat was better... MAN. They just kicked ***. I also loved those Reapers! Fire and Fade is crucial with them, and MAN is it nasty. I learned that one from Matt A, who won the tournament we broadcasted sunday from Dragons Lair. They're NASTY with those Launchers.

Warlock Conclave... Meh. I really prefer the Farseer for Psychic powers. He's my go-to Bae. I really like him on a Skyrunner, so I can zip him around to where he needs to be. Plus all his powers, his denies, and his Runes of the Farseer reroll. BAE.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's what gets me from the start.

I think that you getting the first turn definitely helped--especially with how close you were able to set up. I think I should've taken advantage of my army's ability to deep strike a little better as well--while the Death Company was able to be cagey, and definitely benefitted from having all my characters along with them, I think it might have been better to deep strike them into your backline and, say, charge into your Reapers on my turn 1.

From there I could've charged into your Dire Avengers and Autarchs and so on. But instead they ended up hanging out in the open. Partly because your Striking Scorpions tied up the other big threat I had.

Also it didn't help that you got to save your Autarch because Chaos always seems to be against me. I'm not bitter or anything. Nor am I crying right now. I don't know what you're talking about.

Mayhems_Muse
12-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Also it didn't help that you got to save your Autarch because Chaos always seems to be against me. I'm not bitter or anything. Nor am I crying right now. I don't know what you're talking about.

Icendar
12-11-2017, 04:57 PM
I would have been a far different game if JR had have dropped a few of the BA assault guys on the left flank on his T1 to try deal with the Dark Reapers and their mooky buddies. Sure, the Death Co. ended up ripping through the Wraithguard, but then they found themselves out in the open and under the Reaper's guns, where they got splattered.