PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE REPORT THREAD: Dark Angels Codex: Dark Angels vs Blood Angels (12/11/2017)

Mayhems_Muse
12-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Dark Angels

Azrael -180

Master in Terminator Armor w/ Relic blade and storm bolter- 126

5x Tactical Marines w/ Plasma gun – 78

10x Deathwing Terminators – 392

Lt w. power sword -64

Lt -60

Rhino w/ 2x storm bolter – 74

10x Hellblasters w/ Assault Plasma Incinerator – 350

Ravenwing Dark Shroud– 138

2000 CP 9/9

Bloody Space Vamps

Battalion

Captain w. jump pack and Relic blade- 114- VeritasVitae

Lt w. power sword w/Jump pack -82

5x Tactical Squad- 65

5x Tactical Squad- 65

5x Tactical Squad- 65

Battalion

The Sanguinor – 170

Brother Corbulo- 94
5x Tactical Squad- 65

5x Tactical Squad- 65

5x Tactical Squad- 65
Whirlwind w/ bengeance launcher – 109

Baal Pred- w/ hvy bolters, twin assault cannon, storm bolter 166

Vanguard
Lemartes – 129

Company Ancient – 63- (will be taking the Standard of Sacrifice

15x Death Company with jump packs w/ 15x Hand Flamer, 4x Chainswords, 2x Power Fists, 9x Power swords- 379

Death Company Dreadnought w/ x2 hvy flamers and blood talons – 189
1998 CP 10/10

Icendar
12-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Matt summed it up pretty well, I think, when he talked about Abe sticking the spanner in his plan on turn 0 :D

I have to disagree with where the termies got deployed (and, further, where Larry said he would have dropped them up the back). I would have dropped them in close to the DC, I think. Then, after laying in to the DC, tried to take some advantage of Grim Resolve as the rest of Abe's army moved up... maybe.

StableAbe
12-11-2017, 10:26 PM
So, not super related to this particular game, but I think I've mentioned that I don't really like Grim Resolve much. I really wish DA, or at least Deathwing, got the same rules as DG. If their termies could move and fire with no penalty or rapid fire out to 18... that would super rad and really make the Deathwatch termie feel special and deadly. Oh well.

As for the game itself... I think it was a good example of just how much difference a little mistake in deployment can make. In previous editions set up was a little more forgiving. With things taking a little longer to play out you generally had a turn or two to re position if you made a simple mistake. In 8th with first turn Alpha Strikes being such a thing you gotta be really careful with set up.

I'm a little sad, I did actually want to show off how good the the Hellblasters are with the plasma strat, but tactically it was an opportunity I had to take. Too be fair as well, the BA army I was playing wasn't a great target for that strat, it really wants like Nids or Morty to just eat up.

Matt did a really excellent job of trying to stay in the fight and taking a big first turn hit with style. He kept throwing what he had at me. I admire that.

Final note- Lemartes is a beast.

SALLstice
12-12-2017, 06:10 AM
Yup, you guys covered everything I think.

Also, to my credit, yesterday when the stream started and you saw me opening the codex, that was my first time opening the codex lol
Didn't really get time to flip through and see the stratagems and all. But I don't think it would have made a difference really. I was listening during the pre-game talk show so I knew some stuff, but that was about it.

Also also, I think I did lose focus on the objectives towards the end of the game. I could have fought harder for that one on my right flank. It only would have swung 1 point, I think. But still, you should always fight for every point. I think I was mostly given up by then. Some days you grit your teeth and scrape and scrap for every point and kill, and some days you shrug and let death wash over you. Yesterday was the latter lol

Icendar
12-12-2017, 08:35 AM
...Grim Resolve...

I mostly agree with that, but I still think you can make a list that, at least to a good extent, can take advantage of it and keeps your army fluffy. Captain Picard gets it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jln3mi0vfJU

So, as a DA player (who is not running any Ravenwing), you decide where you want to hold on the table, deploy to hold it, then stay there. I agree it would be better if you could have your termies move and fire or have the DG rapid fire rule, but Grim Resolve is still ok for castling up and letting the enemy force break over you as you fire your plasma cannons on full power no matter where your Captain is (or whatever heavy weapon, really).

Some days you grit your teeth and scrape and scrap for every point and kill, and some days you shrug and let death wash over you.

What an awesome sentence :D

StableAbe
12-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Captain Picard gets it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jln3mi0vfJU

Nice! I always love a good Star Wars reference!

Navaren
12-12-2017, 10:45 AM
I guess that is Captain Picard at his most "40k" but she literally punks his aggressive *** with her very next line. And then he does the introspective staring at his broken toys while realizing that he is Khan moment.

I think the fluffy use of Grim resolve is probably a combined DW+RW force. Use the RW to herd the enemy to a point of your choice and then deep strike the DW tremors in to block the escape. Hammer and Anvil modified for the fact that your anvil has a Telportarium on its battle barge.