PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE REPORT THREAD: Dark Angels Codex: Dark Angels vs T'au (12/13/2017)

Mayhems_Muse
12-13-2017, 04:53 PM
T’au Empire
Supreme Command Detachment

3x Crisis Commander w/ Cyclic Ion Blasters – 444

Battalion Detachment

3x Crisis Commander w/ Cyclic Ion Blasters – 444

10x Pathfinders w/ Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles – 137

6x Pathfinders w/ Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles – 105

5x Strike Team – 40

5x Strike Team – 40

5x Strike Team – 40

1x Broadside w/ Missiles, Missiles, and more Missiles, and Missile Drones – 250

2000 CP 6/6

Dark Angels

Asmodai – 130

Death Wing Ancient – 117

Ezekiel – 135

5x Death Wings Knights -250

Master in Terminator Armor w/ Relic blade and storm bolter- 126

10x Deathwing Terminators 2x Cyclone Launchers – 492

2000 CP 5/5

Icendar
12-13-2017, 08:46 PM
I laughed a bit (ok, maybe a lot) when Matt blasted the only unit his deep strikers could charge off the table. I remember saying at the time, after the cyclones shot that the rest of the unit was just going to fire into the air in boyish exuberance, because anything else would have hung the deep striking unit out to dry. In fact, when his buddies "helpfully" wiped out the enemy unit, I'm sure I heard the Deep Striking sergeant yell out "Thanks a bunch, you goons!" then turn around and do this:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/scsc.gif

I was a little surprised JR didn't try harder to wipe that unit out. The backfield termies weren't going to make a sprint across the table or into bolter range on the first turn, after all, and unless I am mis-remembering, it ended up being the deep striking unit that killed JR's courier?

And again, after Matt picked up the lead by killing the courier, I think I would have tried to castle up and surround my own courier with dudes, then have a bit of a go sniping at the Commanders (Grim Resolve isn't that bad a trait that you want to actively avoid using it :D ). They only have an 18" range with the blasters, so having them come to you would be better than trying to charge them. Even with termies, braving all those OW shots just so the T'au can fall back and shoot in the next turn? No thanks.