PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE REPORT THREAD: A Candlemas Carol: Space Marines vs Chaos (12/19/2017)

Mayhems_Muse
12-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Marines
Guilliman – 18

Captain In terminator Armour w/ Relic Blade-7 Captain Arnold

Primaris Librarian – 7 -Librarian Anatolios

Primaris LT – 5 – Lt. Dan

Primaris Ancient- 5-Ancient Nestor -Relic- Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

10x Tactical Squad w/ Lascannon, meltagun – 9

10x Tactical Squad w/ Missile Launcher and flamer – 9

10 x Intercessor 10x Bolt Rife, 2x Aux Grenade Launcher- 10
5x Scout Squad – 6

Rhino-2x strom bolters- 4
Rhino 2x storm bolters -4

5x Hellblasters w/ Assault Plasma Incnerators- 8
5x Hellblasters w/ Assault Plasma Incnerators- 8
PL 100 9 CP

Chaos Marines

Daemon Prince with Wings, Hellforge swords, malefic taons, mark of Khorne- 9- Lord Drakhar

Chaos Lord, with Jump Pack, twin lighting claws, Mark of Khorne, (Relic:Claws of the Black Hunt) – 6- Lord Bane

Dark Apostle, power maul, plasma pistol, mark of khorne- 5- J’h’onas

Exalted Champion, power ax, plasma pistol, mark of khorne- 5- Ebeneezer

5x CSM – 5
5x CSM – 5

40x Chaos Cultists -12

10x Khorne Berzerkers- 9
10x Khorne Berzerkers- 9

5x Chaos Termintators – 14

10x Raptors – 10

5x Chaos Spawn – 10

99 PL 6 CP

Icendar
12-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Hellblasters in cover and backed by character bubbles. Very effective, as always.

EDIT: I also want to add that it was really great to see Matt consistently remembering to use pile-in and consolidate moves, using bait units to draw enemies out and spending CP's on strats. That kind of stuff will win you games, man. Kudos.

SALLstice
12-20-2017, 08:44 AM
using bait units to draw enemies out

To be fair, that was half an accident.
My thought process was I knew the scouts would get killed real fast and maybe get a few wounds in before they died. But I expected them to slow the berserkers down for a minute.
The fact that it pulled them into range of all my guns was really just a happy accident.

Still though, I think I did play that one really well. I'm trying to get better at really paying attention to what I want to accomplish each turn and what my intermediate goals are and stuff like that.
Hopefully I won't lose too much of that over the break lol

Navaren
12-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Isn't that what breaks are for? Forgetting everything you learned in previous years?

Icendar
12-20-2017, 09:45 AM
To be fair, that was half an accident.

Then we'll put it down to it being a Festivus miracle! :p

That's one of the functions of scouts. You can use them to make an anti deep-strike bubble, as a juicy target to lure a unit out of position, or keep them safe and further back as a potential source of mortal wounds.

I loved that you lived in the stratagem section of the codex for the game. Even if you didn't know what the strats were called, you knew they were there and that they could help you. So you deserve credit there, too.

Isn't that what breaks are for? Forgetting everything you learned in previous years?

Nah, man. Matt's a pro, now. I'm sure he has a pool of possible in-game scenarios that he's going to have a strict regimen of drilling himself on every day over the break. :D

SALLstice
12-20-2017, 10:22 AM

That's what I learned from Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle

- - - Updated - - -

I loved that you lived in the stratagem section of the codex for the game.

There was the one time I tried to use Veterans of the Long War, then remembered how great the Emperor is so I couldn't use it.

Navaren
12-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Exactly! Besides why think about 40k when you can think about how to destroy extended family in Apples to Apples.