Death Company x10 w/ Land Raider Redeemer 440 points

Tac Squad x10 w/ Flamer and Multi-Melta in a drop pod 220 points

Fast Attack:
Baal Predator 115

Baal Predator 115

Heavy Support:

Vindicator

Dreadnought w/ MM, heavy flamer Blood Fist in Drop pod, 150 points

Basically, things drop down and hopefully blow stuff up. Chaplain rides with the DC, Astorath rides with the non drop pod assault squad. Priests ride with assault squads as well. Other things hopefully advance. Sort of looking for a pincer effect from the drop pods so the Terminators and DC can go to work. Nuts predators provide anti-infantry fire and create a distraction.

Thoughts?

Oh, I'll be using this army against Eldar. I know it's melta heavy, which won't help me against wave serpents, but if I'm lucky I'll get plenty of rear armor shots with drop pod placement.

Also, since I have priests with my assault squads, should I just drop astorath and pick up a jump reclusiarch and spend the points on a few optional upgrades, (extra armor for the vindicator, maybe.)

Tynskel
08-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I recommend squeezing and getting another locator beacon for your other drop pod. Making sure anything lands where you want it is nice.

Also, getting a Siege Shield for your Vindicator is a nice idea. No fear of driving that tank anywhere to 'make the shot'.

lowdog
08-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Also, since I have priests with my assault squads, should I just drop astorath and pick up a jump reclusiarch and spend the points on a few optional upgrades, (extra armor for the vindicator, maybe.)

I would do that or a jump librarian for the psychic defense. Astorath's paying points for mulitple DC (that you aren't taking) and increased Red Thirst chance (which the priests render redundant). I would put those points into power fists/weapons for your sgts and DC.

Also, if you're taking locator beacons are you putting some thought into deep striking your landraiders?