PDA

View Full Version : Falling back as an IC psyker

Dakilla
08-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi,

quick scenario that happened and I don't know if I'm 100% right about the rules.

Eldrad Ulthran + 4 Dire Avengers are falling back because they lost combat by 6 and didn't made there morale test (took 1 test on Eldrads leadership -6). The Orks weren't fast enough to sweeping advance. So I fell back 2D6. Now it's my turn. They can't regroup because the unit is below 50%. The questions I have are as follows:

1. Can Eldrad somehow seperate himself from the DA's and regroup because he is a single character? (my own answer was NO since he know is part of the unit falling back)

2. Can Eldrad use his normal psychic powers? (Couldn't find rules about this but I expect he can't)

3. Can Eldrad use his shooting psychic powers in the shooting fase? (I think yes, because he can shoot while running away and can take leadershiptest, you only can't pass morale tests while falling back)

What are your answers and why?

Jwolf
08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
1. No, he's headed off the board. Because that's the rules. (Read BRB P.48).
2. Yes, why wouldn't he be able to? (BRB)
3. Yes, why wouldn't he? (BRB)

My answers are as they are because those are the rules.

Nabterayl
08-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Ditto Jwolf. If 2 and 3 seem weird, remember that Falling Back only dictates how you can move and Run, and prevents you only from launching assaults and going to ground. There's nothing on pages 45 and 46 about psychic tests, and shooting is explicitly allowed. If that seems weird, remember that "A fall back move is a fighting withdrawal rather than an out-and-out rout" (p. 45). Routed units, such as those caught in a Sweeping Advance, are removed from the tabletop outright.

Dakilla
08-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks a lot!!