PDA

View Full Version : 3250 Dark Elves

Marcellus the Destroyer
08-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Greetings, this is my first attempt at a (old world) warhammer list. I'm considering starting to play, though I know very little about the game and any advice would be great. My inspiration for this list is close combat, brutal and fast, Also as I'm just starting out I'm not above being cheesy, so feel free to throw any nasty and unfreindly combinations my way ;) .

Lords: 697

Dread lord w/ Armor of eternal servitude/ Sword of Ruin w/ Black Dragon

Supreme Sorceress w/ Level 4 wizard upgrade/ Beast lore/ Darkstar cloak/ tome of furion/ Seal of Ghrond/ Null talisman/ Channeling Staff w/ Black Dragon

Heros: 640

Core: 859 (warriors 532/ assassins 327)

Dark Elf warriors x15 w/ shields/ musician/ standard bearer - sea dragon

Special: 665

Black Guard x 17 w/ Musician/ Standard Bearer - Dread/ Tower master w/ crimson death/ x1 assassin w/ extra weapon/ venom sword

Black Guard x 17 w/ Musician/ Standard Bearer - Dread/ Kouron/ x1 assassin w/ extra weapon/ Manbane/ Rune of kaine/ cry for war

Rare : 350

Hydra

Hydra

total = 3211

Nikephoros
08-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Couple big issues...

1. Magic banners are unique so your core choices cant all have the same banner.

2. assassins dont count towards your core allotment so you dont have enough.

3. Crossbowmen are really, really good. You should have a horde of 30-40 spearmen, and the rest of the core choices go into crossbowmen.

4. I don't believe that dragons come out of your hero allowance anymore, so you are way over in your Lords choices. Plus there is no point in putting the sorceress on a dragon. You dont want her in combat ever, so why give her a combat mount? Put her on a dark pegasus or nothing.

5. Supreme Sorceresses cannot take Lore of Beasts.

5. Sacraficial Dagger is way, way more powerful than Darkstar Cloak if your sorceress is on foot in a big block of spearmen. I would lose the null talisman, channeling staff and maybe the seal of ghrond for the Pendant of Kaeleth, since your sorceress has no defense and the Pendent is the best ward save in the game.

6. Your blackguard need magic banners. Banner of Murder on one, and Razor's Standard on the other.