PDA

View Full Version : Competitve 2500pts Space Wolves

Advent
08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
This list is my attempt at a competitive list for a tournament at my FLGS. I would appreciate any and all advice.

HQ-

-Wolf Lord-235pts
Thunderwolf
Thunder Hammer
Strom Shield
Rune Armor

Elites-

-Wolf Guard-10-245pts
3 Power weapon
1 Power Fist
3 Melta Bombs
-Deticated Transport-
Land Raider Redeemer-265pts
Multi Melta
Extra Armor

Troops-

-Grey Hunters-6-110pts
Melta, MoW
-Razorback-40pts
TW Heavy Bolter

-Grey Hunters-6-110pts
Melta, MoW
-Razorbacks-40pts
TW Heavy Bolter

-Grey Hunters-6-110pts
Melta, MoW
-Razorback-40pts
TW Heavy Bolter

-Grey Hunters-6-90pts
Flamer
-Razorback-75pts
TW Lascannon

-Grey Hunters-6-90pts
Flamer
-Razorback-75pts
TW Lascannon

-Grey Hunters-6-90pts
Flamer
-Razorback-75pts
TW Lascannon

Fast Attack-

Thunder Wolf Calvary-5-250pts

-Land Speeder Squadron-2-100pts
Heavy Bolter

-Land Speeder-1-60pts
Multi Melta

Heavy Support-

-Land Raider-250pts

-Vindicator-115pts

-Vindicator-115pts

blackarmchair
08-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Hrmmm...your squads seem like pushovers given the high points value. Most units you encounter at this point level will be larger and will be able to kill your GH by weight of numbers alone. The Razorback spam can work but you need to drop those Heavy Bolters and trade them out for Lascannons (if you feel you need them) or (my reccommendation) Assault Cannons - at least 4 of your Razorbacks should be toting assault Cannons.

Those Land Speeders need a little re-configuration; MM/HvF works well; alternatively HB/TML works too.

You have an empty Land Raider down there...not sure why. If you were looking for a way to sneak some more Lascannons in there a Pred Annhilator or some long fangs would put out more firepower for cheaper.

A 5-man Twolf cav is something I rarely see fielded. At the given point value I can certainly see its advantages but if you're going to make that unit that large you should also give out a few more toys (Storm shields and wolf claws and whatnot). This not only allows you the joy of allocating wounds amonst them (and avoiding the rules for multi-wound units) but also gives them the ability to do some real damage in the assault phase as they will most likely be facing off against powerful assault troops (remember they only have power armour).

A few tweaks here and there and I think you've got something very viable here!

incenerate101
08-28-2010, 12:49 AM
In my personal experience spamming GH's isnt always a good idea. Blood Claws are nice to have a squad or 2 couldnt hurt. But i personally like Blood Claws.

blackarmchair
08-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Blood Claws aren't bad, the assault support is very nice.

Personally, I look at Blood Claws then I look at power-armoured wolf guard and I just have to ask myself why take BC? Blood Claws get 4 swings on the charge true but so do the wolf guard and they're WS/BS4 LD9 and don't have that pesky headstrong rule. All that for only 3pts more? Yes please.

Furthermore, if you're already including Logan Grimnar in your army then they count as troops to boot!

The only real place Blood Claws have is as Marine footsloggers, but in a mech world that's becoming more and more of a curse than a blessing.

BlindGunn
08-28-2010, 03:06 AM
I have to agree with blackarmchair & Incinerate101 - It's nice that you filled all 6 core choices in a 2500 battle, but squads of 6 Grey Hunters are probably going to be overwhelmed. I would recommend upgrading at least 2 squads up to 10 and put them in Rhinos - just so you can hold objectives and assault with them better.

Kind of surprised you didn't get ant Terminators in your list at 2500pts.

Maybe replace one of the 6-man Grey Hunter squads with some Blood Claws (and a Wolf Priest if you can free up some more points), then throw them in that empty Land Raider? I find BCs are a cheap alternative to Wolf Guard.