PDA

View Full Version : A 1500 BA allcomers list

Christian
08-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone!

This is my first BA army list which I post on the Internet. I have been trying around some lists which I will post later on because I just dont have them on me at the moment. Well I thought of this list a while ago. It is a 1500 pts allcomers assault list.

HQ: 1. Librarian: Infernus Pistol and Jump Pack

2. Reclusiarch in Terminator Armour with a Storm Bolter

3. Honour Guard: Blood Champion, Jump Packs, Chapter Banner, 5 x Stormbolter, 5 x Power
Swords (Librarian goes with them)

Elite: 1. Furioso Librarian (can you put Blood Talons on him?)

2. Terminator Assault Squad: SS/TH (the Reclusiarch and a Priest go with them )

3. Sang. Priest: Terminator Armour
Sang. Priest: Storm Bolter, Power Sword, Jump Pack

Troop: 1. Tactical Squad (5): Rhino (Objective Sitting)

2. Assault Squad (10): Flamer, Meltagun, Power Sword (Sgt.)

If I use this list I am 43 pts. over. I need to find a way to get the points down. I know that this is not a pretty list for Objective Games but I think if I put down my objective and my guys in a good place I could manage. I am thinking about maybe bringing a drop pod instead of a Rhino (and another Assault Squad instead of the Tactical Squad) so i can be in assault in the first turn (Drop Pod Assault)

Help and C&C will be thankfull.

More Armylists coming soon.

Christian

lowdog
08-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Drop the Rhino and you're under. You could swap out the 5 tac marines for a scout squad with camo cloaks if all they are there to do is objective squat. Maybe give them sniper rifles too?

Honestly I would drop the Honor Guard, and put those points into a well-rounded 2nd troop choice (flesh out those tac marines or swap for another assault squad) and get some fire support like a vindicator, baal pred, or a dev squad. The Librarian can always run with your assault marines and you've already got your deep striking termies to be your hammer unit.

Porty1119
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
I read 'BA allcomers' as 'BAllcomers'....yeah...sometimes spontaneous word comprehension goes horribly wrong...

Tynskel
08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
I like the list, however, the list is not completely 'legal'. So, if you are attempting to use this list as a Tournament Legal list, you'll have to read the finer print in the codex. If you are playing with just friends, they'll probably just care that you pay the points for what you are using.

Example:

Honour Guard
When you upgrade an Honour Guard to a Blood Champion, he ceases to be an Honor Guard, and takes on the Blood Champion Profile. The wargear options are for Honour Guard only. The same is with the Sanguinary Novitiate-- the unit composition is 4 Honour Guard, 1 Sanguinary Novitiate. Now, there can be some semantics debate over whether the Blood Champion ceases to be an Honour Guard-- some will say you can buy any wargear, then upgrade, that his rules specifically just state that he gains two pieces of gear and a WS increase. Something to think about.

The furiouso Librarian, if you read the fine print, states replace all wargear. The Blood Talons is specific: it states that if you have 2 Blood Fists, you can exchange for Blood Talons---- the Librarian Furioso does not have two Blood Fists, and therefore cannot get Blood Talons.

Christian
08-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your support guys.

I will change the "illegal stuff" which will probably get me like 15 pts lower.

MY honour guard is until now the best unit I had in my games. They killed everything they faced (until now), but they have been with Commander Dante at that point making them not scatter at deepstrike. I will try this list again today and tell you how it is.

Christian

Christian
08-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Ok a second try.

HQ: 1. Librarian: Infernus Pistol and Jump Pack

2. Reclusiarch in Terminator Armour with a Storm Bolter

3. Honour Guard: Blood Champion, Jump Packs, Chapter Banner, 3 x Power Swords

Elite: 1. Furioso Librarian

2. Terminator Assault Squad: SS/TH (the Reclusiarch and a Priest go with them )

3. Sang. Priest: Terminator Armour
Sang. Priest: Storm Bolter, Power Sword, Jump Pack

Troop: 1. 10 Scouts: 10 Sniper Rifles (will put the in Combat Squads if I need to protect 2 Objectives)

2. Assault Squad (10): Infernus Pistol, Power Sword (Sgt.)

This is then exactly 1500 points.
What do you think?

Christian

Tynskel
08-28-2010, 01:21 PM
The scouts have two advantages in the Blood Angels Codex- 1) infiltrate, 2) Locator Beacons.

If you can free up the points, giving the Sgt a locator beacon could improve your deep strike capabilities.

5 TH/SS in the Terminators? I made an assumption that's whatchya doing.

I came out to 1498.

I am curious--- do you really need 3 Sanguinary Priests in 1500 points?
Dropping the Jump Pack Priest would free up 95 points. You could get a tank- a whirlwind. For 90 points, it is a pretty sweet gig.

Or easily equip the Scout squad with Locator beacons. In fact, you could take two 5 Man Sniper Teams with 2 Locator Beacons. You could then add special weapons to the Assault Squad and Hv Weapons to the 2 Sniper Teams. Or Camo cloaks. Ect.

95 Points can go a long way.

Christian
08-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Very True. Forgott that the Honour Guard champion is same thing as a Sang. Priest. Oh well.

Yah with 95 points I could do that. But I rather bring in a devastator squad/ tactical squad than a whirlwind, because I dont want to buy the tank. The only tank I have is a razorback/rhino. The rest is infantry.