PDA

View Full Version : Citation Warning Template Change Request

Bigred
01-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Hi All,

We would like to request that in the future when article that warrants a "warning template" such as for more citations is found, we place the warning template at the bottom of the page, just above the citations, instead of at the top of the page.

When warning templates are placed at the very top of the page, the text they contain is seen first and gets automatically scraped and used as sample text on social media (facebook, twitter) and within search engines (google) when Lexicanum articles are referenced. This makes the wiki seem like it is full of incomplete information, instead of emphasizing the actual page topic.

-Larry

Ashendant
01-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Hi All,

We would like to request that in the future when article that warrants a "warning template" such as for more citations is found, we place the warning template at the bottom of the page, just above the citations, instead of at the top of the page.

When warning templates are placed at the very top of the page, the text they contain is seen first and gets automatically scraped and used as sample text on social media (facebook, twitter) and within search engines (google) when Lexicanum articles are referenced. This makes the wiki seem like it is full of incomplete information, instead of emphasizing the actual page topic.

-Larry

Okay I will do so, whenever I find one such article.

Any news on the update to the request account page?

Gene
01-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Well, yes, I think it's okay to remove them from the top of the page. We should keep them at the top of questionable passages though.

Bigred
01-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Okay I will do so, whenever I find one such article.

Any news on the update to the request account page?

We are hoping to get BoLS updated by end of January - then the Lex logins will be updated.

Ashendant
02-09-2018, 07:41 PM
We are hoping to get BoLS updated by end of January - then the Lex logins will be updated.

Any news on this?