PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts Tourney BA

Warpath
08-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Here's the list i've been thinking of taking to a local tournament, i haven't tested it yet, but i still have time to do that.

Mephiston...........................250

Sanguinary Priests x2.............190
Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs

Assault Squad (10 dudes)........240
Melta gun x2, Power Weapon and Melta Pistol

Vindicator...........................170
Aditional Armor, Siege Shield

Vindicator...........................170
Aditional Armor, Siege Shield

Total...............................1500

So, what do you guys think? i know it lacks diversity but i think it has a lot of punch. I would apreciate your thoughts.

lowdog
08-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm not a fan of Mephiston being a single model off on his own. For the cost you could get two librarians with jump packs, give them each the Str. 10 sword power and the cover save power and attach them to assault squads.

I would also swap the power weapons + melta pistols for just powerfists. You already have double melta for tank hunting, but the powerfists will help in assault against walkers and monstrous creatures, besides just guaranteeing you squish infantry.

Tynskel
08-27-2010, 04:36 PM
hmmm...

This looks like an entertaining list!
What to do...
I am going to try to add flexibility to the list. Right now it is spam! and I don't like Spam! Spam spam spam spam Spam eggs sausage spam spam Spam spam spam.

HQ 465
250 Mephiston
The Lord of Death
215 Honor Guard
Jump Packs, 2 Power Weapons, 2 Meltaguns

Elites 50
50 Sanguinary Priesthood
Sanguinary Priest

TROOPS 675
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Infernus Pistol, Powerfist
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Infernus Pistol, Powerfist
120 Assault Squad
5 Marines, Flamer, Power Weapon
55 Dedicated Transport: Razorback w/ Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

Hv SUPPORT 310
155 Vindicator
Siege Shield
155 Vindicator
Siege Shield

you lose some troops, but you gain some honor guard. You have the same amount of meltaguns, as before, but you now add some powerfists! And a flamer. You also gain another Vehicle that Mephiston can hide behind, not to mention, a priest is in the vehicle, so he can still benefit from the Furious Charge if he's within 6" after charging (pretty easy to do, hop over Vehicle to charge!). Your list right now requires the Vindicators to be double duty: provide cover for Mephiston, and blow stuff up. The Razorback frees up your vindicators to do what they do best: blow stuff up.

Hope this is useful!

Sanguinary Dan
08-27-2010, 06:11 PM
You need a few more things for Mephiston to hide behind. You've got lots of stuff for him to hide amongst, though even 4+ cover saves fail if he get hit a dozen times, but not much that makes him impossible to target. If you replaced the 3rd RAS-10 with an RAS-5 (power fist & melta gun) in a tl Heavy Flamer Razorback, followed Tynskel & lowdog's advice on the Infernus+Power Sword for Power Fist swap on the other RAS and took the Melta Bombs from the SPs you could use those freed up points for a couple of decent of options.

With 105 points you could have a Dakka Predator w/Bulldozer Blade (perfect cover for Mephi-poo) or add Corbulo to the Razorback and gain that re-roll plus 6" FNP/FC bubble along with another damned fine CC character. That's actually a tough choice since the Predator gives you another big vehicle to hide behind along with good firepower, while Corbulo buffs your troops and is a pretty respectable *** kicker and name taker in his own right.

Tynskel
08-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Corbs is pretty cool...

Not many Marines can act like an 'Assault Cannon' in Close Combat and rip open a Land Raider on the charge.

Warpath
08-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Hmm, those are some nice ideas.... i haven't fielded Corbulo yet, i might give him a try.

I like the PWs since i'm gonna be striking before the oponent (usually) hence i get less attacks back at my guys. But i guess that striking at s8/9 is a good thing, right?

The idea of fielding an Honour Guard inmediatley made me think of replacing it with a Vanguard squad, around the same point cost, and i can jump on top of people.

I have my doubts with the HF-Raz, i haven't tried one yet really, is it any good? or just cheap enough to be better than the HB?

Having a lot of meltas makes me happy since i can cover a lot of ground with my guys and... well... melt anything that's too close, another reason why i chose PW rather than PF.

And the way i see it, for almost the same cost as two librarians i get a CC moster that strikes so much fear in the opponent that my guys just don't get shot, and that' almost as good as having a 5+ cover save. I also get 1 more wound and a lot more atributes points. And a plasma pistol. And 2+ armor save. And trasfixing gaze. Oh and fleet.

Thoughts?

Wolfshade
08-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Not a bad looking list. At the weekend I found that my infernus pistols just didn't get a shot off, by the time things were within 6" and valkaries are never in half range :( , maybe instead of infernus pistol go for a more troopy killing plasma, or shave them off and try something else? If the board is not going to be terrain heavy the seige sheilds might be an additional points spend that aren't needed so you can have some more points to spend elsewhere. Take off the infernus & the sheilds and you've got something like 65 pts to spend which is landspeeder with a multimelta (60), which is quick enough to keep up with the rest of the army and continue the anti-mech theme.

Tynskel
08-31-2010, 10:06 PM
I have always been a fan of Plasma Pistols and Powerfists. Infernus pistols are fun, but are hard to maneuver.

Your siege shield idea is a 'metagame' technique. If you know there isn't much terrain, then it isn't useful. I like having it because a) if I can put more terrain on the board, I do-- hell, I would cover the board 100% if my opponents would let me. b) if I don't know what the board looks like, it is a good back up.