PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE REPORT THREAD: Custodes vs Aeldari (1/23/2018)

Mayhems_Muse
01-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Custodian Patrol

Captain-General Trajan Valoris- 250

3x Vertus Praetors w/ hurricane bolter and misericordia- 282

9x Custodian Guard 6x Guardian Spear, 3x Steninel blade and storm shield, 6x misericodriia -513

Vexilus Preator w/Vexilia Imperius and misericodria and storm sheild – 149

Astra Militarum Battalion -Catachans

Company Commander -30

Company Commander -30

10x Guardsmen -40

10x Guardsmen -w/ flamer 47

10x Guardsmen -w/ flamer 47
Basilisk w/ hvy bolter – 108
1496 6/6 cp

1500 CP 6/6

Eldar

Farseer- 100

Farseer- 100

5x Dire Avengers 60

5x Dire Avengers 60

5x Dire Avengers 60

5x Dire Avengers 60

10x Dark Reapers- 270

Falcon w/ Pulse Laser, twin shurican catuplts, bright lance, CTM, 155

Falcon w/ Pulse Laser, twin shurican catuplts, bright lance, CTM, 155
Wave Serpent w/ twin Catupluts, twin bright lances, CTM 157
1491 CP 6/6

Mayhems_Muse
01-24-2018, 02:07 PM
I felt really good about this battle, overall. I'm slowly learning how everything works, and getting more comfortable with the flow. My one big mistake was not using Forewarned when that big infantry unit dropped in right in front of me. THAT was a big kick in the teeth. But, I think I recovered well.

Overall, MAN this army sucks to shoot at! They're so hard to murder. Jeez. I really liked the mobility of my army for this battle, and was happy with where and when I dropped the Reapers in. I waited till the bikes were eliminated, which meant they could shoot pretty unopposed for the rest of the battle.

My main weakness in this one was keeping the objectives in mind. I didn't want to risk losing my only small units of men, so I waited a little long to drop them in, which is why I lost so many to Wave Serpent SPlody Goodness.

Icendar
01-24-2018, 03:18 PM
I'm glad you felt good about the game - and you should. Matt would not have scraped out the win if you'd had one more minute to play, imo.

I'm glad you recognized the Praetors as the threat and focused on them. Where you dropped the Dark Reapers was great. Matt had nothing that could realistically get to them.

Other than that, I would have piled out your Dire Avengers as soon as you could after Matt ported in his Custard Guards and started shooting his Astra Mil guys (Dire Avengers are not great at taking out super-heavy infantry, but they excel at taking out mooks).
As well, in turn 2, you moved a number of your tanks (and some Avengers who were already on foot, I think) closer to the Custard squad. Custard will eat infantry, and in numbers like they had there, have a good chance of smashing through Eldar tanks. As much as you can, you need to stay away from them. Once you'd deprived Matt of the Praetors, and had ported in the Guard, you should have made a point to keep your distance. The tanks and Dire Avengers you lost to the Custard Guard should have been a distance away - shooting up guard and setting themselves up to secure objectives.

Still, in the end, I do think you were robbed, at least to a degree. Since the game started late (and you didn't make up all that time at the end of the game) I reckon you should have got to finish up your Shooting Phase :D

Matt played a solid game, too, I reckon. He was really up against it once his Praetors were toast and the Dark Reapers were too far away for him to do anything about. A win is a win, even if Trajann Valoris had to be carried home in a number of plastic baggies.