PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Nid list, Thought?

Skitso
08-28-2010, 08:02 PM
So, I'v been a long time lurker just stepping out the the shadows now.

Here is my 1500 point list I put together for a friendly tourny mates and I are having soon.
Keep in mind I dont play with uber mech guys.
I wanted to try something different and the only model I'v used in this list is the Doom and termagants.

HQ:
Prime with Lashwhips and bone swords + scyths – 95pts
Tervigon with catalyst + adrenal glands + toxin Sacs + cluster spines – 195pts
Elites:
2x Hive Guard – 100pts
2x Hive Guard – 100pts
Doom - 90pts.
Troops:
10xTermagant – 50pts
Tervigon with adrenal glands + toxin Sacs + cluster spines – 180pts
10xTermagant – 50pts
Tervigon with catalyst + adrenal glands + toxin Sacs + cluster spines – 195pts
Heavy Support:
Trygon with adrenal Glands – 210pts.
Trygon with adrenal Glands – 210pts

1475pts
So i got a few points to spare.
Basic game plan is for the Doom and Hive gaurd to be up in the front lines, any transports the HG open, the Doom is ready to fry the occupants. The Doom can also cover the back field for any deepstriking termies or Dante/drop pods/nastys. Tervigons give the 2 Trygons FNP and the 3rd Tervigon casts dominion to keep everyone in check. The Prime can assist where needed.
I realise that i have no Zoeys for av14 but after the HG have had there way with Transports they can attemp to stun/shake the LR, i dont need to blow it up.
I did have 2 more Hive Guard in place of the doom, but i love his ap1 goodness, and he also makes a rather nice fire magnet, keeping las/krak off of my big beastys.

CnC away.

Tynskel
08-29-2010, 05:07 PM
With two Tervigons already, I think you could free up your HQ Tervigon choice with and use a Hive Tyrant, instead. This will greatly enhance your close combat capabilities. Now, I don't have the book in front of me, at the moment, but I believe a Hive Tyrant with Old Adversary and Toxin Sacs comes out to 205. Toxin Sacs? Just in case you run into large monsters. Also, I don't know about you, but I have cursed dice-- I need to bless them with sacred oils or something, because they like to roll ones, so the re-rolls are more valuable to me...

But, in any case, the Old Adversary turns the relatively crappy close combat capabilities of the Tervigon into something to fierce. Your list has enough other nasties that the Tyrant may not be the target of choice while you are on your march across the battlefield.

There are many other options too:
You could drop the Tervigon for a full squad of Biovores. That's fun. Then use the other points to flush out the termagants, or take a hormagant/genestealers.

Take a Mawloc--- I am in your base, killing your mans!

A Screamer Killer-- Vomit of Doom plus Str 10 Charge is sweet. It has a pretty decent chance of Fraggin' vehicles on the charge, something on the order of ~50% chance vs those that have moved more than 6".

Skitso
08-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Mmm Biomass for thought indeed.

I originally had a Flyrant but at 265 pts(wings Old Ad, Adrenal) which would as you mentioned provide some nice CC backup which is currently dedicated to the Prime. Biovores arnt a problem, as i already have 3 cluster spines for hordy goodness, (and maybe the odd Doom Scattor) and there's always Hive Guard to gun down Nobs and Gaurdsmen alike if they run out of metal boxes to open.
The Screamer killer would add some very nice av14 punch and make for a nasty combo with the Trygon. Shatter the Heavy Tank with the carni and charge the lot inside with the trygon.
The other thought I had was to stick a brood of 4 duel bonesword Shrikes in the mix for cleanup/reactive CC punch.

The idea of leaving a Monsterous-scoring, troop pooping machine on my home objective however, while still maintaining FNP on both Trygons is rather appealing. It also adds to the dilema of Target Priority, do you gun down the Scoring 6 wound beast on my home Objective, you do you tackle the 2 Trygons and the 2 other Tervigons coming straight at you
I was in no way relying on the Tervigons terrific CC stoping power (/end sarcasm) but rather on the sawmp of babies surrounding Her.

On that note, how effective have you found termagants CC ability in the presence of there jacked up super Mommy's? Is it just a tarpit, or can it cause a few surprises.

Appreciate the idea's.~