This is a first time nid list

HQs

Tyranid Prime 80
lash whip/bone sword 15
deathspitter 5
Glands/sacs/regeneration 30 130

Tervigon 160
Catalyst 15
cluster spines 175 ??? Is this guy worth taking for a feel no pain buff and some random termagants??

Elites

Hive Guard (3) 150

Venomthrope 55 This guys job is to hide behind the prime and give out the 5+ coversave

Troops

Warrior Brood (7) 210 The prime will be in this unit
boneswords 70
venom cannon 15
glands/sacs 70 365

Warrior Brood (5) 150 165
venom cannon 15

venom cannon 15

Heavy

Trygon 200
prime 40
glands 10 250

Tyrannofex 250
Rupture cannon 15
Regen 30 295

Nungunz
08-31-2010, 10:34 AM
This is a first time nid list

HQs

Tyranid Prime 80
lash whip/bone sword 15
deathspitter 5
Glands/sacs/regeneration 30 130

This guy is a wee bit pricey for what he does. Lots of bloat here. Toxin Sacs are okay, but you don't need adrenal glands at all and regeneration isn't all that great. Getting rid of those two upgrades will free up a good chunk of points.

Tervigon 160
Catalyst 15
cluster spines 175 ??? Is this guy worth taking for a feel no pain buff and some random termagants??

Yes, love these things. Though I would field a pair of these at 1750 as one doesn't really do all that much. Also take 2 10-man groups of termagants in the list so you can make these troop choices. Well worth the extra 50 points.

This does mean you have to drop on brood of warriors, but I was going to suggest doing that anyway. You're list really needs numbers.

Elites

Hive Guard (3) 150

Two groups of 2 is infinitely better.

Venomthrope 55 This guys job is to hide behind the prime and give out the 5+ coversave

I'm not a fan, but the warriors are ver, very vulnerable to S8 so I can see the need.

Troops

Warrior Brood (7) 210 The prime will be in this unit
boneswords 70
venom cannon 15
glands/sacs 70 365

Too big of a group 5 is plenty (6 with the prime). Too many upgrades as well. Drop Adrenal Glands (and Toxin if you need the points).

venom cannon 15

Doesn't look bad. In a warrior heavy list you are going to want Rending Claws on at least 2 units just so you have some added punch against vehicles.

venom cannon 15

I'd probably drop this brood an pick up some gribblies, you are going to need numbers to keep all the fire off of the warriors.

Trygon 200
prime 40
glands 10 250

Doesn't fit the list at all. As your only fast assault unit, he is going to easily be singled out and shot to death. I think you'd do better turning him into a second Tyrannofex.

Tyrannofex 250
Rupture cannon 15
Regen 30 295

Drop Regen. Turn the Trygon Prime into a second Tyrannofex with rupture cannon.

Porty1119
08-31-2010, 02:37 PM
...urk. Tyrannofex? Those things are pointless, TBH. Just get more hive guard. More shots, more survivability from cover and non-LoS weapons.

Tynskel
08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
I like the theme: Lots of warriors, and a couple of big bugs.

Personally, I am a fan of the Carnifex. A lot people don't like them, but I love 5 Str 10 Re-Rolling to hit Attacks, plus Frags (yay! Initiative 4) and Bio-Plasma. As it always has, this thing will open any can it comes across. Going at Initiative 4 makes a world of a difference: No longer will that lucky Sgt. get their power weapon to take the last wound before the Carni smashes the squad! Also helpful against dreadnoughts--- I send that thing into anything when it has 1 wound left--- because I know it will get the attacks off.

Replacing the Tyrannofex with the Fex will free up +100 points.
All of your Warrior Squads: I love the Barbed Strangler. The weapons of the are ultimately anti-infantry weapons. The barbed strangler will be more useful, and cheaper. +15 points
The big warrior squad, I would drop one- freeing up +50 points.
You do not need prime for the Trygon. However, Adrenal Glands are useful! This will free up +40 points. Prime is much better for deep striking forces to ensure you have a turn or two of synapse coverage (lets face it--- your opponent will shoot that thing dead). But that turn or two is enough for the rest of your synapse to catch up.

Look at that: you now have another 205 points to spend.
The Warriors with the Prime-- I would buy them Death Spitters. -30 points
Ya need something else to help out with anti-tank duty. Anything that has dedicated anti-tank capabilities will help: Mawloc, Harpy, Ymgarl Stealers, Lictors, Hive Guard, Raveners (this one may fit the theme more, as a derivative of the Warriors). A unit to complement the Trygon would probably most helpful. All of these are affordable with the 175 points left.

Some other thoughts: The Tervigon is a good choice for some random goodness.
Tyranids have a tough time with armor, taking another anti-tank/transport unit would be useful. I personally think the Tyrannofex is better for close quarters duty than anti-tank shots.

FallingCalamity
09-01-2010, 02:32 AM
I have tried to use info from both of you so what do you guys think now lol iv probably mashed it more >.>

HQs

Tyranid Prime 80
lash whip/bone sword 15
deathspitter 5
sacs 10 110

Tervigon 160
Catalyst 15
cluster spines 175 taking for a feel no pain buff and some random
termagants plus hes another troop choice

Elites

Hive Guard (2) 100

Hive Guard (2) 100

Venomthrope 55 This guys job is to hide behind the prime and give out
the 5+ coversave

Troops

Warrior Brood (6) 180 The prime will be in this unit 310
boneswords 60
barbed strangler 10
glands 30
deathspitters 30

Warrior Brood (5) 150 180
barbed strangler 10
2 rending claws 10
2 deathspitters 10

11 Termagunts 55

11 Termagunts 55

5 genestealers 70 80
talons 10

Heavy

Tyrannofex 250
Rupture cannon 15 265

Tyrannofex 250
Rupture cannon 15 265

Tynskel
09-01-2010, 05:26 AM
I'd had to say this, you are on the right track, but the deathspitters (same with rending claws) are required for every model in the warriors unit, except for the heavy weapon. It is an all or nothing. Also the Prime squad only needs to pay 25 points for deathsptters: 5x5, and the 6th bought a barbed strangler.

Second: Because you have taken Termagants, and you have only taken 5 troops, not the max 6, you should move the Tervigon from an HQ choice to Troops choice (doesn't cost anymore, and now you have a claiming monsterous creature that can spawn more claiming units.)

Nungunz
09-01-2010, 10:22 PM
As was said, bump the Tervigon to a troop choice and you need to give every warrior in a brood the same weapons (except for the heavy weapon one).

Drop one of the termagant broods and keep the other at 10 so you can bump up the size of the genestealer brood.

Still seems a bit small to me, but I'm not used to seeing all warrior lists.