PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Skaven (Clan Skrye)

Andrewgeddon
08-31-2010, 11:22 PM
So I was wanting to play a semi-competitive Skaven list, without having to spam PlagueClaws or HPA (not that there's anything wrong with that! Just doesn't seem my style), so I decided to play something Skrye themed that looked like fun to play, while having a decent punch:

(Lords) - 460

Warlord - 165
Warlock-Augmented Weapon
Warpstone Armour

Grey Seer - 295
Dispel Scroll
Shadow Magner Trinket

(Heroes) - 252

Chieftain - 137
BSB
Storm Banner
Shield
Poisioned Attacks

Warlock Engineer - 115
Lvl 1 Wizard
Doomrocket
Warp-Eenergy Condenser

(Core) - 954

39 Clanrats - 187.5
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer

39 Clanrats - 187.5
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer

39 Clanrats - 187.5
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer

39 Clanrats - 187.5
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer

Skavenslaves - 102
Musician

Skavenslaves - 102
Musician

(Rare) - 330

5 Warplock Jezzails - 110
Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

(Special) - 480

Doomwheel - 150
Doomwheel - 150

Warp Lightning Cannon - 90
Warp Lightning Cannon - 90

24 points left over, not sure what to else to put in. The Lords / Heroes each go with a Clanrat unit. Any feedback would be great!

Beta_Ray_Bill
09-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Pretty good list! I would however advise AGAINST the storm banner, as it affects your shooting as well. The other skaven banners are pretty ok.

I've never had good luck with a lvl 1 engineer, but I was also getting greedy, as I rolled scorch. :)

Globadiers may work well too, next to a slaves unit that you run into the enemies big expensive unit and tar pit them. They got a 50/50 shot of wounding, and won't run if the slaves panic.

Not hitting slaves anymore when shooting into combat helps too!

Pretty nice all around. You may be able to sneak in a lvl 2 warplock if you pick a cheapo banner, book isn't in front of me though, so don't quote me on that.

Xenith
04-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Just to clarify, with regular shooting, you do not randomise when shooting into slaves, however the globadiers have the special rule that you do randomise, the specific example of the PWG taking precedence over the general of the slaves, so the globes have a 1/8 chance of doing anything (1/2 to hit, 1/2 to hit the enemy, 1/2 to wound)

novatomato
04-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I like the list but I would change two things.
I would drop one unit of clan rats and get a couple weapon teams, either the Rattling Guns or the Poisoned Wind Mortars.
Why would I do this? Well for starters you currently have 6 large(ish) blocks of infantry, they canl quite easily get in each others way and that could prove disastrous.
2) It helps open up good firing lanes for your Jezzails to blast away through.
3) those weapon teams can deal good damage to units that can easily chew through your clan rats, units of Chaos Warriors, Knights of any kind, Saurus Warriors etc. these guys will get stuck in, you won't run away easily but you're not going to do much damage to them. The WLC can deal with these guys, but it is not entirely reliable and redundancy is very good. (not to mention they will crush other massive skaven units, particularly the Mortar).

Secondly I would swap out the Storm Banner for either magic armour/talisman for a ward save, OR a combat res banner.
Why again? 1)As I alluded to above, you won't be winning combats through kills and you don't have a proper flank charging unit so increasing your Static Combat Res, forcing your opponent to have to kill more guys. Lets face it, if you do win, it is unlikely that s/he will be steadfast.
2) if your BSB gets popped you've just lost one of the most valuable tools skaven have, he needs to survive.

Hope I made my thoughts clear.

Cheese
05-31-2011, 02:13 AM
I'd drop the slaves down to 40 men each and either drop the Clanrats to 20, 30 or just drop one whole unit. You're running Clan Skryre but have no weapons teams... What is this?
The Warpfire Thrower works wonders and the Poisoned Wind works pretty well as well. I wouldn't take the Rattling Gun because it'll ususally get a misfire before you get enough shots to do serious damage (only hitting on 4's). Warlords are alright, but I'd probably drop him to free up points. Make your Engineer Level 2, drop the Storm Banner so that you can give your BSB Armour of Silvered Steel.
I'd probably get Some Globadiers too, with a Poisoned Wind Mortar, these will add some punch. You will be hitting your slaves as well. In both the Globadiers and Slaves special rules you have to randomise between friend and foe. I have no idea where others are getting that you won't be hitting your own guys from...

Chronowraith
05-31-2011, 09:55 AM
You will be hitting your slaves as well. In both the Globadiers and Slaves special rules you have to randomise between friend and foe. I have no idea where others are getting that you won't be hitting your own guys from...

Read the Skaven FAQ for the slaves. The FAQ removed the wording that had you randomize when firing into combat with slaves EXCEPT if you are shooting with Globadiers.

As for the list I'd follow some of the other suggestions and remove a unit of clanrats in favor of weapon teams for the other 3. Any weapon team works fine except the Doom Flayer.

For this particular list, definitely drop the storm banner. It will hamper you just as much as any opponent.

For slaves, I find i get more use out of units of 30ish rather than huge blocks of 50. I also would not deploy them as a horde and rather keep to ranks of 5 or 7.

Cheese
06-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Really? That's great. I agree with the rest of what Chrono said, and as for weapons teams, I prefer Warpfire Throwers. They can do some nasty damage. Failing that I'd take Poisoned Wind Mortars, those 2 are better than the others IMO, despite their cost.