PDA

View Full Version : First ever Skaven list 2k points

deaglesuk
09-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Hi guys,

I've felt the need to build an army of Rats and started by buying the Battalion set and 2 sets of IoB Skaven plus a couple of extras.

The list I've come up with is below, I'd love for you to comment on it.

Grey Seer – 440
Screaming Bell

Warlock Engineer – 158
Level 2, Warplock Pistol, Doomrocket, Warlock Optics

50 Clan Rats - 327
Spears / Shields / Banner / Mus / Warpfire Thrower

50 Clan Rats - 327

20 Clan Rats - 167
HW / Shield / Banner / Mus / Poisoned Wind Mortar

20 Plague Monks – 195
Full Command, Plague Banner

5 Rat Ogres - 233
Master Moulder

Doomwheel – 150

Liazardman
09-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Looks pretty good.

In my list I currently run a block of 50 rats with spear and shield and the bell and it literally is just a tarpit. It doesn't go away. I would if u can find the points try and get Skalm on the seer. With the new miscast table being able to go back up to full wounds is great.

That being said you might do better to have 2x 30 clanrats to support the flanks rather than 50 and 20. if you want a throw away try 20 slaves but if u want to be a little more than a speed bump 25-30 is good. 30 also gives you the ability to switch between 5x6 and 6x5 with little effect on the unit.

Another thing I would consider is loosing the master moulder. As a champion he has to go in the front rank of the unit where compared to the rest of the Ogres he makes a very soft target.

Aside from that if you are looking to expand up to 2500 (which is what many are now saying will be pretty standard) I would consider a Plague priest with flail and the 5+ ward save. He adds some crazy hitting power to the monks (4 S6 atks). Again expanding to 25-30 models will give u moer tactical options and allow you to stay around longer.

This also allows me to pick what spells i want from the Pestilens list. i roll 2 with the priest and then make sure i take plague with the Seer.

Warplightning cannons now that they cause d6 wnds are also great. The varying strength can be a pain but against blocks of expensive troops (chaos warriors/chosen) and large monsters they are great.

Jezzails are also great. Jezzails are the hardest hitting shooters most armies can muste. S6 and -4 to armor saves lets u deal easily with units of knights and even most large monsters.

Hope that helps.

deaglesuk
09-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the reply Liazardman.

I was actually thinking of dropping the Rat Ogres altogether and using the points to field another Doomwheel and then the remaining points to add 9 more Clan Rats to the unit of 30.

That would make it look like......

Grey Seer – 440
Screaming Bell

Warlock Engineer – 158
Level 2, Warplock Pistol, Doomrocket, Warlock Optics

50 Clan Rats - 327

50 Clan Rats - 327

39 Clan Rats - 252.5
HW / Shield / Banner / Mus / Poisoned Wind Mortar

20 Plague Monks – 195
Full Command, Plague Banner

Doomwheel - 150

Doomwheel – 150

Total 1999.5

Beta_Ray_Bill
09-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Warlock optic are kind of nice, but unless he's skitterleaping around firing warplightning and harassing, they won't do too much as he really won't get a chance to shoot. I may be missing something there though.

If you can muster the models, run some slaves. As you play you will find that they are your best friend when used right!