PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Star Phantoms?

Bikeninja
08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Hello all,

I am a new member here to your forums and I have few questions for the fellow or fellas involved with the Marine Chapters located in the Badab War supplement. (which by the way is one of the best online sourcebooks I have ever seen.) Anyway I am toying around with doing the Star Phantoms chapter but my printer has the color a bit off.

Can whomever painted those awesome liitle things give me a list of the colors used so that I know I am mixing properly?

I appreciate any help and if I decide to go this route I will post pics.

Aventine
08-18-2009, 02:38 AM
I painted the Androcles mini. The model was basecoated white, then badab black washed. The grey bits were painted codex grey, the blue bits hawk turquoise. Then the whole thing was badab black washed again. Then the colours were re-highlighted with the base color. Hope that helps. Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the book, we put a lot of hard effort into it.

Cheers.

Bikeninja
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Thank you so much. I could not for the life of me figure out how you did the mainbody. When I printed the book off, the pictures of the mini's come out looking ok but the base color almost looked like a very dark blue. This will help alot. I have some older models I am testing the scheme on to see if I can make it look good. My game group is talking about playing the war so showing up wth them would be extremely cool. I have an existing army that I painted but after seeing your Star Phatoms inspiration is kicking me in the butt to repaint them.

However with the new wolves coming out my may be split between both projects.

Thanks again.