PDA

View Full Version : Which weapon team?

UltramarineFan
09-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Not sure if this is the right thread but it seemed the most logical.

Basically I want some help on deciding wether to use poisoned wind mortars or warpfire throwers for my skaven 1K list. I intend to be using two weapon teams and I'll the models for both options so advice onwhich would be better would be appreciated as I can't decided.

Beta_Ray_Bill
09-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, it all depends on what you want to do. Both use templates and use the same LoS rules. The mortar has a little more killing power(always wounds on a 4+ IIRC), and you can move and fire. The warpfire thrower can put the hurt on your enemies, and causes a panic test(and obviously flaming attacks).

Both can be pretty inaccurate, but the mortar is a bigger chance, as it can scatter pretty much anywhere.

It really depends on your play style though, the "safer" choice would be the thrower though.

cypher623
09-07-2010, 06:30 PM
It really shouldn't be all or nothing. My son plays skaven. He has one warp fire thrower and one poisoned wind mortar. The wind mortar is a little less dangerous, but it can shoot and move which is a great boon when you are playing an army as fast as the skaven. The warpfire thrower tends to do spectacularly well or spectactularly awful, which is fantastic skaven goodness. The combo seems to work well for him.