PDA

View Full Version : The withering + Curse of the Leper

Jenn
09-01-2010, 09:24 AM
So while writing up my most recent list for Warriors of chaos I came upon what seems to be spell combo that would outright destroy target unit regardless of size/ saves. But there seems to be a bit of a foil. I Skimmed the Faqs for an answer but was unable to come up with anything so I figured I would come here and see if the answer is staring me in the face.

Anyway so I would cast the withering on a unit of say 2000 chaos warriors. I then proceed to lower their toughness by three with the withering lowering it to 1. I then follow that up with curse of the leper reducing their toughness (in theory) to 0, killing the unit outright.

The problem with this plan is that the withering specifically states that you cannot lower the unit's toughness below 1 with it. The question is despite that would curse of the leper take that unit to 0 or would wither's limitation override the combo and eliminate the possibilty of killing the unit with curse of the leper?

Feceus
09-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Man, that's an awesome trick, and I hope my buddy never reads this...

Don't play WoC, and am still pretty new, but I think it's all a matter of order. Do it like you said, and you should be gravy unless there's a stipulation somewhere that Curse of the Leper can never reduce toughness to 0. So yeah, just cast Withering first, then curse of the leper, then be prepared to be called a dick because, well...it's pretty mean.

But still awesome.

Vindur
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah it works like that. Its your turn so you can choose the order the effects are applied, or at least thats how the FAQ's seem to be handling simultanious effects.

Jenn
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Sweet you guys are making my day. I never know with games workshop, they always do weird things to nerf potential combos like that...