PDA

View Full Version : Gimli or King's Champion?

Dáin Ironfoot
08-17-2009, 09:39 PM
They are both 175pts so when you have that 175pt niche to fill, which one do you use to fill it? You tell me and why?

icecube
08-19-2009, 09:29 AM
It depends on what youve got. if you have an nice big unit that has high fight, defense and strength( read khazad guard) take gimli. Epic rampage will help your unit take on those 48-72 pretty much in a single turn(with heroic fight). If you want to bolster your dwarves in close combat where you want to take the kings champion.(P.S. isn´t it fun to see a single dwarf own those trolls?:D)

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I voted for Gimli because of Baruk Khazad, his extra Might and higher Resilience. Not to mention all those Epic Actions and a high Courage. Gimli just is better all round while The Kings Champion is one dimensional.

If you want a monster killer unit get some Ballistaes they do it better than The King's Champion in my opinion. But hey im just calling it how I see it, and I sometimes see things wrong. :D

Dáin Ironfoot
08-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I voted for Gimli because of Baruk Khazad, his extra Might and higher Resilience. Not to mention all those Epic Actions and a high Courage. Gimli just is better all round while The Kings Champion is one dimensional.

If you want a monster killer unit get some Ballistaes they do it better than The King's Champion in my opinion. But hey im just calling it how I see it, and I sometimes see things wrong. :D

Also Inspiring Hero isn't something to snuff at either (Although the King's Champion has that to). Orcbane and Pathfinders is a bonus as well.

I also find Rare slots in short supply and great demand in Dwarven Hold lists so an Epic Hero that doesn't use up one of those valuable spots that does just a good job as the King's Champion in its roles is a plus.

Although I do agree icecube there are situations where I would tip my hat to The King's Champion as he is more suited for certain roles.