PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Wraithlords

vman
08-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Guys

I'm currently staring at two new boxes of Eldar Wriathlords.

This puts my total up to about 4, but i plan on donating the first one that i had ever built to a friend. It has a fairly static pose.

With such a versatile kit, i would like to give these two new wraithlord's very aggressive stances. I don't really want to deck them out with heavy weapons (even tho that does look nice) but rather go for a more agile look with perhaps a shuriken cannon or scatter laser along with a wraithsword.

I understand to do this i would have to cut the legs apart, reposition them and then green stuff them until they look right.

I was wondering if you Eldar players out there would like to post up some pics of your current wraithlord and perhaps stimulate some new ideas on giving such a superb model kit the stance it truly deserves. :D

Rangerrob
08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/rmarden/100_3734.jpg

Not Mine, but from a GD in the recent past.
I keep this picture as inspiration for what I plan to do with my 3rd Wraithlord.

I'm strongly in the take 2 Heavy Weapons and not the Wraithsword camp...however if it would look this cool I would take the sword.

Dingareth
08-18-2009, 09:24 AM
I converted mine up as a giant Striking Scorpion. It was in the crouching pose from the old 3rd ed Codex picture of a Striking Scorpion, complete with Chainsword and Mandiblaster Flamers.

cco
08-18-2009, 09:31 AM
If you don't mind cutting around his legs a bit I would reccomend him running with his sword out, like hes going to cut off that poor space marines head. Do we know which craftworld this guy is coming from?

vman
08-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Im redoing my whole army Ulthwe.

I have a saim hann army at the moment about 3k points worth plus a 2 revenant titans, a scorpion and a cobra. However the paints coming off for a more subtle paint job (ulthwe black plus grey/white blending)

I will start chopping up one of the wraithlords legs tonight and attempt to give him a running stance.

The reason im going for the sword is that I would like to run an MC heavy army (3 wraithlords and a ForgeWorld Avatar) backed up by a farseer. Flamers would be the standard weaponry on all of these guys and i would run them up the field along with the avatar followed closely by the Farseer and perhaps some scorpions.

Its going to be a hit and run type army with lots of harrasing units. I would have swooping hawks deepstrike and pick off a nasty tank or unit of devastators for example, whilst the wall of MC's moves in. Such high toughness models would be hard to wound to begin with and having a farseer help with rerolls would scare alot of people especially if their tanks and heavy troops are being attacked from early on by deepstriking units. It would obviously work better on MEQ type armies as volumes of enemy would hold this force down. But yeh, would be very nice to scare people for 4 MC's

I will get some pics up when i get home and start the conversion