PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt IA8 Elysian list

George Labour
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
So having decided to turn my old steel legion into drop troopers using the drop troop list in Imperial Armour 8 I've set about throwing ideas together so I can plan out my purchases, conversions, and see when I can get a game in.

Since the new Codex came out I've been running a all veterans in chimeras, with some Hydras and heavy armor and I've gotten good at that. So with this approach I wanted to try and move away from relieing entirely on vets and get more variety in my forces. I also want to use more sentinels, just because.

Finally I'm trieing to keep conversions to a minium, so only my veterans will get meltas.

SO here it is.

HQ:

1 Company Command squad W/ 1 commander w/bolt pistol, 1 veteran troopers w/lasguns, 1 Veteran HWT w/ Missile launcher, 1 veteran w/grenade launcher
TOTAL: 72 pts

ELITES:

2 drop sentinels w/multi meltas
TOTAL:100

TROOPS

1) 1 Infantry platoon w/

1 platoon command squad w/ 1 Officer, 3 troopers, 1 trooper w/grenade launcher or flamethrower

2 infantry squads W/ 1 sarge, 8 troopers, 1 trooper with grenade launcher

1 infantry squad w/1 sarge, 7 troopers, 1 trooper with grenade launchers, 1 trooper with Vox

2 Drop sentinels w/multi meltas
TOTAL:340 pts

2) 1 Veteran squad w/ 1 sarge, 6 troopers , 3 troopers with melta guns
1 Valkyrie w/rocket pods
TOTAL:240

3) 1 Veteran squad w/1 sarge , 5 troopers,1 trooper w/AGL, 2 troopers w/ plasma guns, 1 trooper w/grenade launcher
TOTAL:118

FAST ATTACK:

1 Vendetta
TOTAL: 130 pts

FINAL TOTAL:1000 points exactly

So ideas, thoughts?

Tynskel
09-02-2010, 06:08 PM
the elysian drop sentinels look sweet. A friend of mine has a bunch of elysians!

I am a little confused by your notations--- like troops #3 is that 10 guys?

what is the AGL?

Does everything get to deep strike? I don't have IA8 yet.

George Labour
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah sorry, I tried to make the trooper part easier to read and guess I got the opposite., Each squad is ten men, and I put the total for each squad at the last line for them.

AS for the drop sentinels. I plan to convert my own using the current plastic ones, and extra multi meltas from other sources. Not as kewl, but they'll be mine, and slightly cheaper. Plus I have 15 of the suckers and only really have ten or so done up for my vossies.

Also yes, everything can deepstrike(including the sentinels), and the regurlar squads can huddle up just like normal IG squads. THis means I could have to find space for a thirty man squad if they dropped in. Obviously, I'm more likely to plop them on an objective and let the vets, vendetta, sentinels do the marching.

The AGL is an auxilary grenade launcher. Basically a one shot krak grenade with a 12" range, and all veterans can get one. I had the points for it so figured why not? It was either that or swap it and the bolt pistol to get a melta gun in the plas gun squad