PDA

View Full Version : Plague Apocalypse - 7,777 points of Nurgle

Svartmetall
09-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I believe the traditional form of opening a post like this is 'Bwa-ha-ha!'.

7 squads of Plague Marines, 7 squads of Plaguebearers, 7 units of Elites and 7 Heavy Support choices; exactly seven thousand, seven hundred and seventy-seven points. I may have gone completely mad :D

HQ
• Scabieathrax the Bloated
777 points
• Typhus, Herald of Nurgle
225 points
• Mamon, Daemon Prince of Nurgle
185 points

ELITES
• 7 Plague Terminators – Icon of Nurgle; Reaper autocannon and chainfist; 6 combi-meltas
320 points
• 7 Plague Terminators – Icon of Nurgle; Reaper autocannon and chainfist; 6 combi-meltas
320 points
• 7 Plague Terminators - Icon of Nurgle; heavy flamer; 4 combi-meltas
275 points
275 points
275 points
• 3 Plague Ogryns
150 points
• 3 Plague Ogryns
150 points

TROOPS
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist, combi-plasma and Personal Icon; 2 plasma guns; Rhino
281 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist and Personal Icon; 2 plasma guns; Rhino
271 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist and Personal Icon; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
261 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist and Personal Icon; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
261 points
261 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points

FAST ATTACK
• 7 Plague Bikers - Icon of Nurgle; 2 meltaguns
301 points
• 3 Blight Drones
375 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• Bilefeast, Plague Hulk of Nurgle
205 points
• 3 Obliterators
225 points
• 3 Obliterators
225 points
• Vindicator - Daemonic Possession
145 points
145 points
145 points
145 points

SUPER-HEAVY
• ‘Corpsegrinder’, Plaguereaper of Nurgle
450 points

TOTAL:
7,777 points

And yes, 'Corpsegrinder' is a Cannibal Corpse reference. There's always room for a bit of extreme metal referencing in 40K :D

Lykum
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I can support this madness. I suggest Toxic Holocaust's 'Hell on Earth' as a thrash metal soundtrack to this battle... of course I'm the guy that refuses to run anything but 8 berzerkers and/or 7 plague marines and/or 6 noise marines.

The Guard can have their Iron Maiden playing from the Chimera's 8 Track. We all know Chaos has the best metal.

Tynskel
09-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Hah!

I love it! I hope you have lots of fun with this list--- because, honestly, it scares the crap outta me!

As for music--- When I use Space Marines, Black Sabbath Ironman comes to my head!

Svartmetall
09-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Chaos does indeed have the best music (we also have cookies). When I think of an ominous horde of Plague Marines slowly advancing, I always hear Celtic Frost's 'Innocence And Wrath'...

SlavesToDarkness
09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Actually... "Corpsegrinda" is a type of ork battlefortress.

Anyway, I am a HUGE Nurgle fan myself (I have like 5000+pts of Nurgle Daemons).

My first suggestion here is one I'm SHOCKED no one has mentioned: WHERE IS EPIDEMIUS?!

Also: Plague Ogryns are good, but Beasts of Nurgle are better. And, unless you've built the Plaguereaper already, why not try to rope in a Plague Tower instead?

Other than that, I love it!