PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2500

Paint-fu
09-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Here's my 2nd take on doing an Empire list. Any thoughts?

Lords: 470

Arch Lector Ulric 'The Giantslayer Lichtenstein 210
Mace of Helsturm, Armour of Meteoric Iron

Wizard Lord 'the Potter' 260
Level 4, Crystal Ball, Van Horstmanns Speculum
Lore of Metals

Heros: 592

Luthor Huss 180

Warrior Priest Tuck 136
hammer of fate, heavy armour, shield

Warrior Priest Domina
Mace of Power, heavy armour, extra hand weapon 138

Captain of the Empire Hugo Piche 103
Full Plate Mail, BSB Griffon Standard, Sword of Justice

Master Engineer Da Vinci 35

Core: 733

Altdorf Swords of the Sire x 25 175
full command 96
Nuln Armourbusters(gunners) x 10 80
(crossbows) x 12

Middenheim Blades of the Basterds x 25
chamption, banner 170
(crossbows) x 12 96

Nuln Dragon killers(gunners) x 12 116
Marksmen with repeater handgun

Special: 485

Carroburg Greatswords x 20 230
full command
Nuln Hellblasters(gunners) x 10 80

Tabecland Trollslayers greatswords x 15 175
banner, champion

Rare: 220

Nuln Hellblaster volley gun 'Norsefire' 110

Nuln Hellblaster volley gun 'Brass Beast' 110

Dwarflord17404
09-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Looking At your list a few problems present themselves: Your characters are spot on allittly too much equipment but servicable.

Infantry block should 40 for standard infantry and the great swords should be 30 strong and you need to run 2 of the above

shooting is still a viable stargey but you need to do it through war machines as missle troops are dead.

Lore of metal is a situational lore useless against half the armies devasting if all you play is chaos and dwarfs okAY against the non neutral elves. You may be better with fire (pure damge), LIght, or if you like buffs beasts or life.

Empire is a fun army and is very viable but balnce is the way to go.

al and 2 priests

Bsb

wizzard

Engineer

2 beefy blocks of swords or halbrieds with 2 characters each (28-38 models storng)

1 horde of elite fighters 3 x10 with or without characters (flagelents or great swords )

5-6 war machine's

2 units of cavalary

not a be end all list just my observations from playing empire in 8th and more recently ard boyz.

scadugenga
09-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Here's my 2nd take on doing an Empire list. Any thoughts?

Lords: 470

Arch Lector Ulric 'The Giantslayer Lichtenstein 210
Mace of Helsturm, Armour of Meteoric Iron

Hmm...I think you have the wrong BSB.

You need someone with a little more...pizazz.

Someone who could announce the Arch Lector like this:

My lords, my ladies, and everybody else here not sitting on a cushion!

Today... today, you find yourselves equals.

For you are all equally blessed. For I have the pride, the privilege, nay, the pleasure of introducing to you to a knight, sired by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back beyond Charlemagne. I first met him atop a mountain near Jerusalem, praying to God, asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his sword. Next, he amazed me still further in Italy when he saved a fatherless beauty from the would-be ravishing of her dreadful Turkish uncle.

In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!

Paint-fu
09-07-2010, 10:58 AM
you caught me, that's one of my favorite movies ;-)

i play for fun, so 'ard boyz' type stuff i'm simply not going to do. it's my 2nd iteration of the list so, i'm not 100% sure what i want to do with it yet but overall in the 2 games i've played with it the list is moderately strong.

if i get a cannon in there or a steam tank i think i'd be a little more pleased with it overall but i'll leave that to some more playtesting B-)