PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Wargamersworld to buy stuff?

MadCowCrazy
09-03-2010, 06:54 AM
I recently came across this site : http://www.wargamersworld.co.uk/
They basically say they have been an ebay business for over 2 years and are now expanding with a webshop and larger assortment of products.
From what I understand they were a bits selling company on ebay but will now sell the entire GW range of products.

I saw a post by them over at BOLS nearly a month ago about them having a sale and responding to emails quickly. I wanted to know more about this sale because Im always on the lookout for great deals, however I never received any replies from them.
I have sent them 2 emails with 2 weeks in between at the start of last month and another today, so far no replies from them. They have no phone number listed on their website which makes me question their legitimacy.

So has anyone used their web shop? or bought from them on ebay?
Are they just slow on email response because they are building up a new web store?
I would like to try them out since they claim they offer 30% off to regular customers but what you have to do to receive that discount is nowhere to be found on their website. Buy once a month from them for 6 months? Buy for at least 200-500£ a month from them?

For the life of me I cant find their post over at BOLS, if only you could browse the recent comments I could find it in seconds since it was on there just a week ago.

Anyways, anyone got any experience with these guys?
Im looking for a new webstore so I would really like to know more about these guys.

Limey El'Jonson
09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
I would say he is running a scam, could the mods here check if wargamersworld and madcowcrazy are the same person, it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

MadCowCrazy
09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Grow up...

Limey El'Jonson
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
In all seriousness, their front end looks quite solid - doesn't look at all pikey. If I was still in the UK I'd give them a try with a couple of small orders. I have found that with buying bits (if that's your primary reason for buying from them) then that really is the only way to gauge their level of service.

If your happy with buying from them at regular prices then showing that to them with regular orders would probably be the best way to garner the 30% discount. Give and take, and so forth.

If you pay with PayPal or a credit card then you have protection anyway. Not having used Switch for 11 years I dunno how you'd be protected there. Give it a whirl, see how it goes. Good luck.

MadCowCrazy
09-04-2010, 05:19 AM
I have now been in contact with the guy who runs the site. It seems my email was lost when he moved the server to a new host and new IP.
He bought a website template from a webdeveloper but the code was really bad and they refused to allow him to change the code so he has had to start from scratch building his own website. This is the reason not everything is on there yet.

Here is what he wrote to me :

The move has been a disaster, I have the flu and still working 18 hour days trying to get my site back in order.

As for contacting me. My name and address are on the screen as is the facebook account and the twitter account. I will be putting everything else on once I sort out the more important stuff.

Now for regular customers, this is purely down to me. There are no hard and fast rules as to what qaulifies you but if I was to say what I would class as "regular" is someone who NOT just buys each week but who gets on the blog or forum (I will be putting a forum back into the store soon too), someone who takes an interest and an order every few weeks (I will be loading 1000's of products per week) so I would expect to see the same buyer back on a regular time pattern - every week, every 2 weeks etc.

Also, you will find that I am not like the other stores out there. I price check all my goods against the top 5 competitors and I then cut a minimun of 25% off their prices. I have been a gamer since the late seventies and I like to look after my fellow players.
You will find that I give free bitz (once I get to know what you like you start getting freebies in each order) I am going to get some customers to add some testimonies to the site. I also send out gift vouchers etc - so when I ask my customers to leave some testimonies I will give them a surprise voucher (I will not tell them they get one if they leave comments as that would colour what they say, I want honesty and not paid for propaganda). Once you read the testimonies I think you will never ever question my integrity again!

This is my first go at a website, I opened it 6 months ago but bought a ready made template through a bunch of developers but the coding was terrible and they would not fix it or give me access to fix it - hence all the upheavel this past month/ 6 weeks. I use to sell on Ebay under the name epicwargames08 - I was a powerseller with a 100% positive feedback over a 4 year period but I had a death back home that shook me to the core and I had to go back instantly that was September 2009 in the preceding month and a half I picked up 4 negs and 4 nuets for non delivery. I explained to everyone (I could access the site from home but was back in Ireland and refunded money to everyone and as soon a i got back I sent what orders I could.

So if you want to see what kind of seller I am look at my user name on ebay. I shut that account after those negs as my heart was gone.

So here I am now running my own website but have also opened a new ebay account am and thinking of also selling on there too again.

It seems pretty solid to me though he has his hands full at the moment trying to get everything sorted.
He is adding to the store every week so I would expect most of it to be sorted before the end of the year :D
As the website is rather new he hasnt added everything to the store yet but it seems to be moving along quite nicely.

Got a reply over at DakkaDakka

I've ordered from them before with no problems...now if they would just stock up on the stuff I need now...

Im going to give this shop a try and report back my experience.

wargamersworld
09-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Hello all,
My name is Richie (and not MadCowCrazy) I own http://www.wargamersworld.co.uk, I have a Google alert on the name wargamersworld and was alerted this morning to this thread. I would like to clear up the concerns raised here by MadCowCrazy (who I take it is Dan and whom I have spent the past few days talking to?).
And thank you Limey El'Jonson you speak words of wisdom (well except for the "he is a scam" bit, but that is forgiven :D ( I only accept Paypal, Paypal Express and Google Checkout at the moment so all customers money is 100% protected using my payment methods).

Okay, just to clear this up once and for all - MadCowCrazy (if it is Dan, I am sure will come back and verify everything I am about to say). This is going to be a bit long so please bear with me while I explain everything. It may look like a history of me over the past year but it all pertains to the issues raised here by MadCow.

I sold on Ebay for 4.5 years and have supplied (MadCowCrazy/Dan) with my old user name and from that user-name he could see just how good I am in my business. I was a powerseller on Ebay and for 4.4 of those 4.5 years I carried a 100% positive feedback rating and anyone who knows about selling on Ebay will attest to how hard it is to keep a rating at 100% positive!

I took some time off and then in Feb 2010 I went out on my own by buying an e-commerce package from Daily Internet which in hindsight was my big mistake. The parcel I bought allowed me no access to the sites code or allowed any changes to be made to that code by the developers. And I quickly realised that their code was riddled with bad errors that they could not fix!! That and lot of other errors and meddling from them made me want to get away! I knew very little about running a website and foolishly believed it would be as easy as running my Ebay shop!!!!!! I knew nothing of SERPS and SEO, nor Bots or CSS (see that is how green I was) I believed that if I just put the stock in then the customers would come - like they did on Ebay! - greener than grass wasn't I).

I learned pretty quickly that I had made a massive mistake in buying an off the shelf package and my business was being hurt so I decided to learn CSS and how to work .php etc . It took me 5 months to move but I built my own site away from Daily internet with the help off a great developer. And then over a period of a month I moved everything from one site to the next. In doing this it caused me a lot of headaches and I lost a lot of emails due to the main email address of the shop literally dying and me not noticing as I was so busy getting the store moved and up and running. I had found that the products I had in the original site could not just be downloaded into a csv file - nor would any of the categories nor structure etc so with the new site not only had I got to learn new coding language but also I had to build the site from scratch and as you can imagine this takes time.

Now in all that time MadCowCrazy had emailed me twice on the now dead email and thought that since I had not answered I was on a scam or something - oh and my phone number not being there did not help for him either (that is now fixed too).

Then a few days ago he used the same form (this form I had realised about a week ago was still pointing to the old email address from the old site so I was not getting any questions as they were all going to the old email (my mistake I agree) so I had changed it to the correct address so when MadCow emailed this time it came through and he got an immediate answer.

I pride myself on my customer service, my customers are my lifeblood and I will always go above and beyond the call to ensure they are happy with any products bought or service rendered.

I have now being in contact with Dan on a number of occasions and I am hoping he will come back in here and attest to those facts as I really do not need any adverse publicity as my site is new and anything like that can seriously damage it.

I have also tried to put as many ways as possible to be contacted, I have a wargamersworld Facebook and Twitter page, Digg, Stumble, MSN, AIM, Skype, myspace, utube, and a lot of other ways so I always believed anyone needing to contact me would find it easy. This is a presumption I made in hindsight with error and I am in the process of rectifying it but putting a list of ways to be contacted.

So now I hope this clears these concerns.

Thank you for reading.

Richie

wargamersworld
09-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Dan it seems I was typing while you were so when I posted my response your response to your original post got in first - so for anyone reading this - my response was to the first part of this thread.

Now I need to go over to DakkaDakka and give the same response. Dan, have you posted anywhere other than here or Dakka :D
Richie