PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of Black Templar

superhappyrobot
09-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Black Templar were my first army, and I'm considering getting back into them. What do you all think of this list:

Champ w/ Accept Any Challenge...

3x LC/2x TH/SS Terminators w/ Land Raider Crusader (LRC)

10 Initiates w/ Meltagun, Power Fist, LRC

5 Initiates w/ Plasma gun, Missile Launcher

Vindicator w/ Smoke & extra armor

-----

The champ goes with the terminators and kills the most dangerous thing the enemy has while everything else rolls forward. The lone plasma/missile squad sits on an objective in/near the deployment zone.

Thoughts?

Cruor Vault
09-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Champ w/ Accept Any Challenge...

No Brainer here, no further comments other than you should strongly consider a Marshall in your list. The LD10 across the board is a really wonderful thing to have, especially given the lack of Veteran Sergeants in the Templar list.

3x LC/2x TH/SS Terminators w/ Land Raider Crusader (LRC)

Why the TH/SS? Templars have the old school shields, which is to say. Not really worth it. I suggest full Lightning Claws! Also, Templars are a legacy Codex, they can still take Veteran Skills! Furious Charge is awesome! for only 15 points more you can out Blood Angel the Blood angels!

Pretty much all you can do here. I think Rhinos are a suitable alternative if you want to run more guys. I think you could more than double your troops if you brought squads in Rhinos instead of Raiders.

5 Initiates w/ Plasma gun, Missile Launcher

You're a Legacy Book, take advantage of it! Bring a Lascannon!

A single Vindicator is a good addition, 3 is excessive and more than likely wont make back its points. I suggest a pair of Predator Annihilators with no Sponsons. Cheap, and effective. Also, try putting PoMS on your vindicator. it's an awesome addition to the tank!

High_Marshal_Helbrecht
09-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Well, first off drop the five man squad, you don't need it.

Secondly drop the two initiate squads in LRC's, 10 Initiates in a LRC is ridiculous. Give them Rhinos and use the spare 600 odd points to shoe horn more 10 man iniate squads w/ Rhinos AND Give them all Extra Armour (5pts) and Smoke Launchers (Every hit is a Glancing..Most an enemy can do is Immobilise)

Save some points and go 7 Ini and 3 Neo's in each crusader squad, Neo's are the dogs nuts for Wound Allocation, meaning you can normally get into combat with a barely diminished combat strength

With the Extra points shoe horn in two Predator Destructor's with the Las Sponson so you have 2 preds 1 vindi, 4 las shots is better than one twin linked! and the str7 Autocannon shots can pop transports!