BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by iamaddj View Post
    Hummm, have you thought about taking a large unit of Riders with Radagast, heroic moving them on the first turn (hopefully you would have priority), heroic moving them right into the enemy lines, then use epic tranquility to block their army in a for a turn, give you more time to move around? Don't know if that makes sense.
    That could theoretically work, but thats putting radagast at pretty serious risk to accomplish something that could be done just as well with a throw-away unit.

Even if I win the roll for epic action priority in the charge phase, he is still vulnerable to black dart at that distance.

Really, just being able to move 4-6 companies of riders right in front of their line on turn 1 buys me alot of time. They will be moving at half speed for me being close, and if they choose to charge them, then its really only better for me, cause they are effectively not moving at all. Plus, if my opponent doesnt think, I might even be able to set up some flank or even rear charges if he tries to envelop the unit.

Or, He ignores the unit, and then I have a small pile of riders running around his deployment zone being jerks.

Walrus Lord

BAH! BAH! I say. This is way you lose. It comes form a chronic case of not listening to me. This game is all about risk! RISK! umm.. yeah I forget where I was going with this,... attack Kamchatka from Alaska? Maybe thatll work......

I've always found Saruman the White to be the best supporting Wizard for Rohan. With his access to Shatter Shields and Dark Fury he boosts the hitting power of Rohan considerably. He also stops charges against your cavalry half the time.

The main problem is converting a model on horseback. If anyone has any good suggestions let me know...

Can I also re-iterate the need for board space when playing Rohan, particularly in larger point games (1500+). I also find Eorl to be a great hero and a nice miniature to boot. Try giving him a whirl and see how he works out for you.

For tactics, judicious use of Epic challenge can be a great pain for your opponent, especially when you have a much greater charge range than them (against infantry). The inability to move can enable you to set up some fantastic, one-sided battles. Grab every hero you can with this epic ability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12