BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    I agree with Melissa. Sisters are far more likely than Templars/DA. It was confirmed not that long ago that neither Templars/DAs were in the works, nor were they even on the table (this was about a year ago). It seems pretty clear to me that sisters are coming before either of those armies.
    To me thats good news. I'd rather see Sisters than another marine army for people to "counts as".
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Just an update,
    The rumor lord of Warseer, Harry, has just said that Tau are one of the codexes being worked on.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Well shucks,

I have Tau and Necrons. I'll be feeling the love come 2011

What if the "draw a line" rule becomes a rule for Broadsides? The Hammerhead already comes with a submunition shot, so why not throw some coolness their way?
    I am the "Who" when you call "Who's there?"

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    -Changes to Hammerhead Railgun rules. Essentially draws a line across table hitting everything in line. Multiple pen through vehicles, only stopped by a glancing hit.

If this is true, I can see the triple hammerhead loadout coming back with a vengeance.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    If this is true, I can see the triple hammerhead loadout coming back with a vengeance.
    Yeah, like the 4th ed SM dual jump pack Librarian with Fury of the Ancients, criss-crossing the enemy from either flank with a bunch of morale tests and str 5 hits. Except these will be Str 10 Ap 1.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Initiate

I've played Tau since the 3rd edition, but have moved away from the game since 5th edition. I believe a playable Tau army should consist of more then just battlesuits, Hammerheads, a unit of 6FW and kroot.

Here's what I think they really need to change, though I doubt they will:

1. Better ballistic skill for FW, followed by a possible increase in Point Cost.
    - they are supposed to be some of the galaxy's best shots (if not the best) due to their eye sight, equipment, and training - yet they hit like...guardsmen?!. Also since chapter 5 brought sprint for everyone, 6 out of 12 FW hitting per turn is hopeless.

2. Come up with new rules for Pulse Carbines. What was the last time you pinned someone? Majority of the units fielded by players these days are either fearless, or have 9LD standard or through bonuses. This was the purpose of Carbines for Tau, and I feel like it has long since been useless. Since its description mentions a high rate of fire, perhaps they could also make it Assault 2? FW squads with these carbines would enjoy much more mobility without fearing for their safety at the statistics of ridiculous BS3 skill they have. This would also give Pathfinders a whole new role. They're Tau SF for God sakes, not kids with laser pointers. Mobility is supposed to be Tau's trademark, and not through battlesuits alone.

3. Fusion blaster needs some changes as well IMO. Either give us a "mulit-melta" option as well, or change the stats and cost of the Fusion blaster. no, I don't think the fact that it can come twin linked changes anything at all. It needs better stats then that of a regular meltagun. My persoval suggestion is: keep the range 12", but make the melta effect 12" as well. If it this was the case, then the battlesuit tank hunter teams often mentioned in fluff or campaigns would actually live up to their reputation. It would also bring a new edge to the Piranhas.

4. A new support system for the XV8s. One that will allow a battlesuit that remained stationary last turn to fire his twin linked weapons as 2 separate weapons. XV8s are Taus only source of special weapons, which infantry are not allowed to field due to Tau war doctrine.

5. Change the Ion Cannon stats so that you could actually consider taking it instead of a of the railgun.

6. Loose the mandatory Devilfish for the Pathfinders.

7. We need new special characters. As much as it disgusts me, 5th edition is centering table top gameplay entirely around these. This puts the GW at a halt with progressing the Tau codex - because the very background of the Tau empire can hardly offer enough room for the individuality needed in order to create kick *** spec chars. However, we still need them.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    Luko
    Last edited by Luko; 10-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    Just an update,
    The rumor lord of Warseer, Harry, has just said that Tau are one of the codexes being worked on.
    Not surprising actually, question is when they roughly arrive. Unless GW aim to compact their releases I can't see it being in 2011. So that makes DaemonHunters, Necrons, WitchHunters and Tau confirmed as being in the works, but not Dark Angels or Black Templars?.. I feel so smug.

Good idea. You must do it.
    [URL="http://essaywritingservices.org/classification-essay.php"]http://essaywritingservices.org/classification-essay.php[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by oiad View Post
    Not surprising actually, question is when they roughly arrive. Unless GW aim to compact their releases I can't see it being in 2011. So that makes DaemonHunters, Necrons, WitchHunters and Tau confirmed as being in the works, but not Dark Angels or Black Templars?.. I feel so smug.
    AFAIK, from reliable sources, the Codices in progress to be ALL released in 2011 are GK (not DH, may Inq appears only as HQ but is GK oriented, not Inq), Necrons, SoB (not WH, same as GK) and Tau Empire. GK will be released in Jan/Feb and SoB will be realeased about Aug/Sept.(nowadays seems more probably on Sep.than Aug ) so you can predict the other slots.
    And you're right. Not a word about BT, DA, Chaos SM or Eldar, I guess those will due on 2012 [before of 6th Ed.]
    Last edited by heartbitt; 10-06-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Red face

I've always said that with Dark Eldar this November, January is optimistic for Grey Knights. However, you could possibly fit Tau in if it were to happen, with April for Necrons, August for Sororitas and November...

...stop me if I'm getting ahead of myself here. Doubting it because it's a compact release schedule - something GW doesn't do often enough.
    Last edited by oiad; 10-07-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast