BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes, not sure how I missed it. Just a typo though, not half as bad as saying 'could care less' which so many people do and it means the exact opposite of what they intend. I find it highly irritating, especially when they argue that it is correct when you point it out to them.
    True, because it does change the meaning of the sentence. However, one can be pedantic if you take that stance. But saying 'could care less' is irritating when it goes against the context of the sentence.

Its not so much that I don't like SoB, its that I don't like fanatics. Ironically, the sisters are fanatics, but my point is I don't like the players who obsess over them. "SoB need a new codex!" Blah blah blah... Don't care, it'll come in due time.
    And fluff wise, they don't really play a large enough role in the Imperium to warrant their own codex do they? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, thats just my general impression. You really don't read about them as much as an actual force as you would, say... IG, SM, or Inq....

Anyways, we've broken pretty far for the initial subject of this thread by the way... Isn't this supposed to be about Tau anyhow?
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Well, as I made this thread to simply point out that Tau are within the 12-18 month range of "Confirmed, but very little info."
    The main purpose of the notification is done. It would have been nice if others had any additional info/rumors; but they are clearly still too far out for further leaks/teasers.
    I personally don't mind if it has wandered into the area of other rumors for releases at similar times.

As for the Sisters issue.
    Saying they are not important is like saying the Church of the God-Emperor isn't important to the story; as they are the militant wing of the church.

Just because the writers ignore them, or give them a stupid image when they are touched upon, doesn't mean that how it would actually work.
    Realistically, every time there is a rebellion that goes against the Imperial Creed; or a disturbance to a planet that holds religious significance to the Ecclesiasty (like Shrine or Cardinal Worlds), Sisters of Battle would actually be sent.
    They are significantly more powerful then the Inquisition that deals with similar tactics; which is why those Inquisitors request their help so often.
    Last edited by Old_Paladin; 10-12-2010 at 07:21 AM.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

They are the militant arm of the largest, wealthiest and one of (if not the) most important and powerful institution in the Imperium. They are sadly neglected in the fluff.
    There is nothing to talk about regarding Tau.:P

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    Its not so much that I don't like SoB, its that I don't like fanatics. Ironically, the sisters are fanatics, but my point is I don't like the players who obsess over them. "SoB need a new codex!" Blah blah blah... Don't care, it'll come in due time.
    And fluff wise, they don't really play a large enough role in the Imperium to warrant their own codex do they? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, thats just my general impression. You really don't read about them as much as an actual force as you would, say... IG, SM, or Inq....

Anyways, we've broken pretty far for the initial subject of this thread by the way... Isn't this supposed to be about Tau anyhow?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

the tau..the greatest anti tank mech army there is...in a 2000 pt battle i can destroy at least 4 tanks in the first round, thank the greater good for broadside suits target lock and markerlights, as for a new codex, they can wait, now if the new codex will have these super railguns going through multiple targets...get workin gw

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Jan; Forces of the Inquisition
    No, this banal and downright stupid codex idea has never, EVER been supported by reliable rumors, and indeed has been denied multiple times by Games Workshop itself at the highest levels.

Dunno why people keep saying it.

Also, Tau are just as fanatic about their "Greater Good" as Sisters are about the Imperial Creed. The only difference is that the Tau are filthy xenos and don't limit themselves to converting their own race to their creed.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Also, Tau are just as fanatic about their "Greater Good" as Sisters are about the Imperial Creed. The only difference is that the Tau are filthy xenos and don't limit themselves to converting their own race to their creed.
    Converting them, or exterminating them - difference?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Converting them, or exterminating them - difference?
    If they convert, they might live with the Tau. If they don't, they're dead. Tau do plenty of exterminating of their own. They're just slightly less xenophobic than Sisters are.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

Slightly, because there's some hints of forced sterilization programs to control population growth of non-Tau. In one instance they even resorted to basically mind controlling an entire race.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Battle-Brother

-Changes to markerlights. Point system. 1 Markerlight point = + 1BS, 2 Markerlight points = reroll to wound[/I] [or] [I]hit 3 = Difficult Terrain test (blinded by the lights?). Cannot be stacked. So can't have reroll to wound and reroll to hit at 4 points.

When I first saw this I was like, no way. Now after seeing the new Dark Eldar Power From Pain rules (the thing where they gain FNP for killing units) I can see this as the new vogue rule among new 40k codices

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast