BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Question Revenant Titan Assembly Advice

Hi,

I am going to, in the not too distant future be buying myself a Revenant titan with Pulsars from Forgeworld. I was slightly reluctant at first to bring myself to make such a decision due to the assembly difficulties inherent that may ensue, so I have bought myself a good pin vice and I intend to pin it together for added stability whilst putting magnets in the guns for ease of transportation. I have good experience working with resin stemming from my large number of XV9 Battlesuits and XV88-2s so no worries there, however...

I have a few simple questions:

For those who already own one of these beautiful models, how long am I looking at for build time?

How many pins do you recommend that I place in the vital joints to save on tears and a preferred material?

What size base should I use - at the moment, I am favouring a wooden display base that is slightly wider than a CD, which will be used as the solid base on which to add detail.

Many thanks...

Xanadu

Chapter-Master

I personally don't own one, but a friend does.

In addition to pinning everything hes also used a piece of clear acyrlic (like perspex) from the base to the revenants hip. Drilled a hole in the base and hips so its supported. SO not only it standing, the pole is taking some of the weight, and giving a third "leg" to support it

Also as a general point, with FW stuff once you clean the joints then use superglue, the joints are actually stronger than the resin itself. Thats why a lot of FW breakages happen at other points in the models...the joint is stronger than the resin around it thanks to the cure chemistry
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Hey,

I know all about models falling to pieces in the middle of of solid bits - my Remoras are terrible - I pinned the twisting joint and GSed the whole joins, but unfortunately the body cracked when they were knocked off a table - needless to say, I cried.

Pinning everything? That sounds like a challenge - but resin is easier to drill than White metal so it shouldn't be too bad to do - my Avatar took forever!

I was considering doing the same, but magnetising it to the rod and the base with tiny magnets to give more stability.

Thanks for the guidance.

Xanadu

Chapter-Master

Yeah i recently bought 2 remoras and they're both broken at the hinge, before i even got them out the bag!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

I have a revenant that was a beast to put together!

here are my tips:
    1. PIN IT! : Do not think about putting this thing together without pining, you will be sorry. Also, at the joints put some Green Stuff to help the joints attach properly

2. Do several "Dry Runs": Use sticky tac or similar material to help you position the legs. It makes a big difference in positioning later

3. ONce decided on positioning start from the feet up. Also, pin the feet in several places.

Note: If you stand it like a upper case "A" it will obviously be more stable.

Hope this helps some, if it doesn't ill check
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

I really have no idea about how difficult a Revenant would be to assemble, but DEFINITELY pin it. Just do. Otherwise...bad things
    Also, totally agreed about the joint breakage thing. My Vulture has a nasty habit of having one of its tails break off. And I hate re-gluing it in the middle of a game!!!
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Chaplain

Don't know about a Revenant, but my Girlfriend got me a Warhound for my Birthday!

As the previous posters mentioned, PIN IT! But even more importantly than that, WASH IT! That's right, wash each and every piece in warm soapy water. Scrub them all with a toothbrush or simular instrument. Not only will this help greatly in assembly, but also for painting! Really!

Don't forget to wash your models in warm soapy water.

Did I say that already? Oh, I did. It must have been important.

Once finished, enjoy your awesome model! You'll appreciate the way it looks standing with the rest of your collection.
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Brother-Sergeant

So,

I have almost finished putting it together.... If anyone wants a picture here you go:

Sorry for the semi-necropost.

Chapter-Master

mid-jump, Yeah!

Love the pose!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast