BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Well, the Dire Avengers are taking a bit longer than I thought. Soldiering on with them.

Also build a 10 man squad of Scorpions, my Autarch, 5 Wraithguard and a Bonesinger (who will be a Spiritseer). They have all been primed in Skeleton Bone.

Also built 11 Fire Dragons. They have been primed Dragon Red.

Hope to have all 20 Avengers completed by Friday with washes going to the Scorpions and Dragons by that time too. Hope to have both Objectives at least washed too. They are primed with Skelly Bone too.

Well! Craftworld Arithym went to war today!

As I expected of my first foray into Eldar armies in 10+ years, I lost. This was a good thing though! I saw a lot of things I'd done wrong, things I'd have to watch for in the future and what I shall soon add to my forces.

First up, Fire Prisms really are a bit crap thanks to 5th Ed blast rules. (Those rules are serious crap!)

Second, Guardians are a bit crap. They certainly have uses but I think I'll replace them with Jetbikes.

Third, I like Dire Avengers. Bladestorm is sick.

Fire Dragons ought to be in a Falcon. Get them where they need to be, then shoot off and make trouble.

Scorpions : I ought to learn their Infiltration abilities better. Plus, run when you are out of range. Don't let yourself spend an extra turn moving because you forgot to run.

The painting was not complete. However, since coming home, I've completed one of the two Avenger Squads. Here they are :

The flash has made the colours a touch brighter than they are in this pic.

The second squad is nearly ready. Hope to have them done by Monday. The yellow helms are interesting to work with. But I'm getting there.
    Last edited by BigGrim; 10-09-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Your force is comming along nicley shame about losing the battle though but there will be more.

hehe I wil disagree with prism tanks, need to take 2 a tleast the blast can be a bit of a bummer at times however it is -4 to the scater roll due to a decent BS unlike say a falcon with a BS of 3, and the range of 60
    keeps you save to pop those longfangs with ML.

Scorpions in a wave serpent with infiltrate = outflank, given how fast a wave serpent can move its mattters not which side you come in from.

One question with you DA, are they going to have a colour on them that ties them in with your craftworld
    or not? some people do some people stick with shrine colours, I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordgimpet View Post
    Your force is comming along nicley shame about losing the battle though but there will be more.
    We are not defeated yet! The Monkeigh have not seen the last of Arithym! While I knew I was facing Marines, I did not expect Bikers.

hehe I wil disagree with prism tanks, need to take 2 a tleast the blast can be a bit of a bummer at times however it is -4 to the scater roll due to a decent BS unlike say a falcon with a BS of 3, and the range of 60
    keeps you save to pop those longfangs with ML.
    Might try them both again but I can afford to play around with the force composition.

Scorpions in a wave serpent with infiltrate = outflank, given how fast a wave serpent can move its mattters not which side you come in from.
    I like the sound of that. On foot, they just ain't fast enough.

One question with you DA, are they going to have a colour on them that ties them in with your craftworld
    or not? some people do some people stick with shrine colours, I'm just curious.
    The Avengers will each have a different colour Helm for each Squad but all of the Squads will have bone coloured sashes on the back of their belts.

So. Finally!

Dire Avenger Squad two.

Squads three and four will be White & Black helms.

Army Shots incoming!
    Last edited by BigGrim; 10-14-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Craftworld Arithyms forces thus far!

Looking to add Bikers since Guardians are a bit poo. Scorpions are next, then Dragons. Jetbikes then I'll be looking at Wraithlords!

New updates!

Had my second battle. This time against Chaos Daemons. It was a hard battle. I Doomed a Bloodthirster, the a squad of Dire Avengers Bladestormed it and assualted, killing it with aDiresword. Allround of combat. My Avatar was bested in combat by a Daemon Prince, my Prisms did bugger all again and it was still a tight battle.

I still lost. Yet again, I believe I came away with some useful experiances and even more importantly, it was a fun game. Lots of good-natured banter.

Since me last post, the Scorpions have come on and I finished my first two special Objectives!

Scorpion WIP first!

My new Objectives are in the next post!

Next, my Objectives!

An automated drone and a Statue to Khaine!

Hope you like em!

First-Captain

Nice use of the old 1st Ed Avatar! (Yes, he is RT era, just towards the end of it. You know, back when the Avatar had (grr) random stats...)

I might actually dig mine out some time and do something similar!

I love my FW Avatar too much (even with the added height) to use any other representation...

Well. Painting is going slow. Work is bearing down a bit but been working on the Scorpions and a Wraithlord (my next two tournie games are against Marines. I reckon a starcannon and scatter laser will do me well.) but look what arrived in the mail today!

Another Super Heavy to add to the Army in waiting. Super Heavy total = 1 Scorpion Mk II, 1 Towering Destroyer, 2 Revenant Titans and a Phantom Titan. I have a HUGE amount yet to paint but it does not actually intimidate me like the backlog of Space Wolves do. I WANT to get Arithym on the table.

Will get the Scorpions done soon. The Wraithlord will be faster. I have discovered why so many love that kit! The next one is gonna be scorpion themed I reckon. Have ideas as to what to do.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast