BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Hapexamendar View Post
    Right you are. The rules on pg 34 clearly state the assault succeeds or fails with the first model, so long as no other model is already in difficult terrain (per pg 36). All of these "no holding back", always test every models move 6", complicated layer over simple layer, are NOT in the actual rules. You have supposed they want you to do this because of one ambiguous sentence, I want you to see it doesn't even matter, if pieces are moved correctly. It is only a waste of playing time, with benefit to those who think the game is about gaining a tactical advantage merely by taking longer to move. I believe the RAW is better because it's a streamlining of the rules without affecting anything but the most basic model movement skills, which is supposed to be the point of 5th ed. I do thank you for your time though, I was curious how people are playing this.
    You may say that, but at the end of the day, there are too many variables. The fact of the matter is that not all players are experts in close combat positioning... and even if they are, there WILL be situations where the enemy unit is just too darn close, the player made that one "opps" mistake, crappy Difficult terrain and Run rolls earlier in the turn, Impassable terrain funneled you too much, etc, etc... that'll cause their Xth model to come into contact with Difficult Terrain and thus force it for the entire unit.

At the end of the day, you just cannot drop an entire set of rules just because you're "Awesome" and you "obviously play a perfect game, with perfect dice rolls, every game"... only for the fact your opponent is not as Awesome as you are. And thus will blunder into DT. And thus both you and him will need to know these rules (otherwise he can con the hell outta your naive self).

Unless you're Batman. At which point I'll point out this is the 40k universe, you're actually Konrad Curze, and thus you belong to Chaos and should be purged...
    Last edited by wkz; 07-12-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234