BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

I've played BA since '93. I have well over 10,000 points of them by now with that said. I've been rolling with 2000 points for since the new codex came out (rebuilding my army currently). I've run with 25 Sanguinary Gaurd, Dante, Astroth, & 2 Furioso's/w drop pods.

Dante- 235
    Astroth - 220
    SG - DM'S, CB, PF :265
    SG - DM'S, PF :235
    SG - DM'S, PF, IP, :245
    SG - DM'S :225
    SG - DM'S :225
    FURIOSO - MG, SB, Drop Pod: 175
    D'co Furioso - MG, SB, Drop Pod: 175
    = 2,000
    I haven't played tournaments (currently cuz I don't understand German, & work) but playing friendly/competitive games I've fought Necrons, Orks, Imperial Gaurd, Grey KNights, Eldar, Dark Eldar, & Chaos. I haven't lost with this list yet and I do really enjoy it. The Golden Armour looks great with all my Red and Black Blood Angels.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post

They're already fearless and mostly have master crafted weapons. I would have thought the librarian would be a better choice.
    I don't think so. Master crafted only allows you to re-roll a single missed to hit roll. The chaplain allows you to re-roll all of your attacks, and as Duke pointed out if you are running the Sanguinor that allows you to re-roll 5 attacks on the charge. I find that this is definitely worth the points, especially since the Reclusiarch has a better stat line and an invulnerable save.

I've been using a unit with Chaplain and Priest too, and it's been awesome. You can see them kill a whole bunch of Terminators in the latest BoLS video battle report..

Fly Lord

Those would be my dead terminators, and yes after fighting against a squad of the SG with attached Chapain, Libby, and banner for the last 4 weeks, (with a Priest and Sanguinor within range to assist), they are nasty, nasty, nasty. You can do a lot of wound allocation tricks with all those attached ICs to keep the squad alive longer.

Like the others said just dont leave them out in open in front of a gunline and pick your targets carefully. There isn't much that squads can't take down in a single assault phase.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Thanks for all the input folks!

Personally i think that the honour guard are a better option.

Cheaper for one. can have the same standard. comes with effectively a free priest (blood chalice) which can;t be targeted as isn't an IC

I run

5 honour guard

1 sang noviate
    3 Honour guard with power weapons one with banner (+1 attack)
    1 standard guy (the extra who dies first lol)

on the charge im getting 15! strength 5 power weapon attacks. ok i don;t have a 2+ armour save but i struggle to roll higher than a one anyways. i also gain feel no ain which for some reason im better at passing than my normal armour save.

then if you throw in a chaplain or reclusiarch in there and if you really want to go wild and you arm them with storm sheild yes they lose an attack but suddenly become very scary indeed.
    Last edited by addamsfamily36; 09-23-2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling

If you use the Sang. Guard, hope that your support comes in and you don't scatter too bad.

Long story short, my guys came in, were out of range with their meltas, sat around and got shot to hell. Lost over 700 points before the second turn was over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12