BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    They keep waking more and more wraith constructs until the DE come and rescue them because "they're amused by the Eldars necromantic games"
    Heh, that's pretty awesome
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

lol......every time something new comes up , people immediate turn to SW and say they will suck when "insert SW unit / rule name" gets em , serious guys............lay off the hate lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Heh, that's pretty awesome
    ditto. I got a nice chuckle from that one. I can't stop being excited for this book. After about 5 years I'm ready to put my IG aside for a bit and try something new and I think this is a perfect opportunity
    letsagetabitarockin!

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    someone asked that while i was there, its still in and from what he said, it's still the same.
    Awesome. In a day filled with great news, that's the one that got me most excited. Cannot wait to hold the Codex in my hands.

Scout

seems longer than 12 years since 4th edition came out with the DE, I don't count the minor codex update fron 2002.I may be missing something but Harlequins don;t seem as good as Wyches who have the 3+ inv in combat. Glad to see the fast aspect is back like the skimmer moving 12" and fire all weapons just hope the Lance rule is not changed but I mostly liked the codex as it was and still winning 95% of games with them. Only unit never used is the Mandrakes as not worthwhile and Talos rarly in last few years as too slow. No mention of the webway still being in!! With 3,000 points already looks like I will have to get some new ones especialy the new Lelith, old one is nice but now shunted to Wych squad leader. Seems the Incubi have grown horns and lost the tormentor helm. Was hoping they would wait till 2011 when my Daemond would be done but guess something else to be put on hold to get back to my first army. Love it

Chapter-Master

Remembered something else!

Warriors have 4 statlines on their codex page. Like a Eldar aspect squad has 2, one for the unit, one for the exarch the DE warriors had 4. Can't remember any more than that, but suggests multiple upgrade units for a squad maybe?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Hmmm. One of the displays in the case was titled Kabalite warriors. I assumed that this was just what they were calling them but maybe they have two different sorts with different profiles but the same model kit (like orks have slugga boyz, shoota boyz and 'ard boyz available to them).

My guess is that one lot will be WS/BS 3 like eldar guardians and the other WS/BS4 +1 Ld or something like that, but I didn't see that page either. Anyone know what the difference was between the profiles?

From ArchonCryx at 40konline:
    SO Games Day has passed, at last we get a first good look, and the view seems magnificent.

We seem to have a "dartboard Codex" at last - ie a codex where vurtually any combination of units will be some how competitive!

Ok, Archon can have a Blaster, (or a Blaster Pistol). Blasters are now 18" range and the Archons BS7 means you're hitting on a third of your 1's to hit!

SO expect it to hit!

The reavers get access to a Melta Blaster, ie it's a S8 Blaster with Lance and Melta specvial rules (yep, both).

Raiders are more expensive but freek me alive they actually have a whole *host* of upgrades that you want to use, all either 5 or 10pts extra.

The 2 I remember strongly is the one that gives you an extra 2D6" movement (thus the raiders can potentially move up to 36")
    and thwe new "Extra Armour must always take upgrade for DE will be the 5++ invulnerable save (yes, for a vehicle) INVULNERABLE save, *not* cover

Let's see. New units. 2 new heavy support, one is a razorwing, the other completely new.

New transport - you can run Venoms now (6 capacity).

Warriors and wyches are troops. HOWEVER< you can also buy elite warriors and elite wyches (who have a fancy name that I forget). Elites has become very busy with the addition of Harlequins along with the new Incubi

Pain points are cool, Haemonculi have the ability to confer a free pain point on units they attach to. It is also one of the combat drug results.

We do lose the 12" assault option but since we gain 36" move units and transports, its little concern.

Dark Matter spam is gone with a more realistic allocation of heavy/special weapons mainly based on squad size. Similarly for reavers

Hellions are quite good now.

And Scourges are the real Dark Horse - they look like being a very popular choice for heavy support. Personally I love the idea of a haywire grenade launcher which should be a bit of fun!

Umm, there's two types of talos, a more or less familiar one and a less tough version that's cheaper.

Grotttesques have bulked out and are reminiscent of Ogryn stats.

That should further whet your appetite...
    Yay Elite Warriors and Wyches!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Sorry for posting my share in wrong topic.

But how ArchonCryx get that?? I saw whole dartboard codex and there was nothing like that in.
    Wait for more.

Chaplain

So there might still be a Talos? Excellent! I broke the till of my LGS to get one and I'm glad it shall endure more years of service. It probably won't be T7 anymore though...
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast