BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Didnt they say on Warseer that they were considering moving Genestealers to eleite unless you run a character?

Veteran-Sergeant

I normally play with MEQ armies and was thinking I'd like to have another go at a horde but had been put off by all the modelling and painting individualisation required.

Some of that painting goes away with 'nids as it's possible to get a nice result with a fairly simple paint scheme thanks to inking (yay for no clothes or armour).

Now that 'nids are on the horizon I'll stop looking at orks for the mean time.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would love packs of 8 Gaunts, or at least the option to make 16 of one set of gaunts.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRaider View Post
    Oh lovely... Trygons and Malanthropes the rumor. Yeah, gargantuan creatures in a normal game. I guess it's time to play Renegades with one or two Brass Scorpions.
    Trygons are honestly not all that hard to kill. Lascannons do the job just like with any MC.

I can't wait, I love my tyranids ^_^

Brother-Captain

I don't mind the current nid codex, it still holds up quite well against the new codexes. The main things I wish for are:

Make tyranid warrior wings less expensive, for wings, you can take another warrior, and with the wings comes the compulsory 5+ armour save, which means a single combat squad can walk up and rapid-fire them down.

Raveners should get their own equivalent of heroic intervention, or something like it, as right now you have two choices: Deep strike and get shot up, or start on the field, run forwards, and get shot up. Or even just give them a 4+ save, or the ability to take ex. carapace. Basically Raveners are one of my favourite models in the whole game, and I want to be able to field them. (:

Deathspitters AP 4, they're meant to be incredibly corrosive. Or possibly some kind of special rule which slowly reduces the model's armour save?

I'm hoping they bring the Xenomorphs back...it was nice to make the entire force themed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterex View Post
    Some of that painting goes away with 'nids as it's possible to get a nice result with a fairly simple paint scheme thanks to inking (yay for no clothes or armour)
    My brother plays Nids and all he does for his models is paint the skin Bleached Bone, the Carapace Hawk Turqouise, and then a few detail spots. Then he dips them in stain and lets them dry. The result gives you a really good looking table top quality and takes very little time.

He actually found a tan/khaki colored spray similiar to Bleached Bone for only a few dollars and bases them with that instead of hand painting the skin. The stain also acts as a varnish and gives them a nice glossy, slimy look.

All in all I'm looking forward to the new Nid codex even though I don't play nids. It will be a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    I don't mind the current nid codex, it still holds up quite well against the new codexes. The main things I wish for are:

Make tyranid warrior wings less expensive, for wings, you can take another warrior, and with the wings comes the compulsory 5+ armour save, which means a single combat squad can walk up and rapid-fire them down.

Raveners should get their own equivalent of heroic intervention, or something like it, as right now you have two choices: Deep strike and get shot up, or start on the field, run forwards, and get shot up. Or even just give them a 4+ save, or the ability to take ex. carapace. Basically Raveners are one of my favourite models in the whole game, and I want to be able to field them. (:

Deathspitters AP 4, they're meant to be incredibly corrosive. Or possibly some kind of special rule which slowly reduces the model's armour save?
    Agreed. The nid dex is definitely one of the books fomr 4th that is still very playable in 5th.
    Some things need to be tweaked, like KP for spore mines and things like that.
    Top of my wishlist ould be simply adding Fleet to the Broodlord.

There's also talk of changing fexes to squads of 1-3.

I really hope they will make a box of plastic gargoyles ...

I love the unit, but the ugly & expensive models hold me back

better biovores would also be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by wiz View Post
    I really hope they will make a box of plastic gargoyles ...

I love the unit, but the ugly & expensive models hold me back
    i stole some ideas from *cough*other*cough* forums and converted a brood from the Gaunts box and a couple of old blister pack plastic peices.

it would be nice to not have to do that, but i really don't want to get the "mixed breeds" look.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast