BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Fixing the "Fearless"-rule and the extra wounds it creates when in CC would go long way to make a viable horde-army again. Right now there is no reason to charge with Gaunts cause they will be beaten in CC and most likely half the brood will be wiped. With only two viable troop-choices (Hormagaunts are overpriced to their performance) 'Nid are better of hiding in cover and shooting than getting up, close and personal.... unless you run stealers of course which makes holding objectives tricky (too costly and brittle to be able to hold objectives)

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Theres also the point that if GW only cared about which armies are popular and only re-did thier codex "frequently" (like once an edition) every codex that came out for the next 3 years would be Space Marines. I hate to say it but the Space Marine codex/armies/models/etc.. make up over 70% of GW sales. On average 2/3 of all gamers play Space Marines.
    And that's what they do! SM has been redone for every edition and usually among the first. In 5th they where the first codex after release of the new rulebook. In 4th Ed it was SM and Nids and so on. SM ALWAYS get updated first. Now they will also release Wolfes and apparently some rumours that BA and BT are in the pipe.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by sodcactus View Post
    Fixing the "Fearless"-rule and the extra wounds it creates when in CC would go long way to make a viable horde-army again. Right now there is no reason to charge with Gaunts cause they will be beaten in CC and most likely half the brood will be wiped. With only two viable troop-choices (Hormagaunts are overpriced to their performance) 'Nid are better of hiding in cover and shooting than getting up, close and personal.... unless you run stealers of course which makes holding objectives tricky (too costly and brittle to be able to hold objectives)
    The mechanic is fine, the problem is in the details. Such as model cost. 3 points/Grot = 4 points/Gaunt??
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Default warriors

rumour I heard from a GW staffer is that for every hive tyrant you take you will be able to take a unit of warriors as a troops choice and that depending upon what you kit them out with you can use them as fast attack (although we can already do that) and heavy support

gw staffer = lies/ false beliefs never trust your lgs staff on rumours they are 99.999999999999999999% wrong.

also theres already a thread for tyranids why you guys started a new one i don't know and fyi if it hasn't already been mentioned the malanthrope isnt in the new codex.

new box sets are:

trygon
    venomthrope
    pyrovore
    gargoyles
    raveners
    hive guard.

trygon,gargoyles,raveners = plastic kits.

pyrovore,venomthrope,hive guard(not be confused with tyrant guard)=metal blisters.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRaider View Post
    Oh lovely... Trygons and Malanthropes the rumor. Yeah, gargantuan creatures in a normal game. I guess it's time to play Renegades with one or two Brass Scorpions.
    malanthrope = mc

and trygons are the same size as drop pods so...

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    also theres already a thread for tyranids why you guys started a new one i don't know
    This thread existed before the other one, just so you know. Check the dates of the original posts in each.

... Why has this resurfaced? Go back to the other thread! (Unless you guys want me to update this one with all current rumours)

Fly Lord

Please use the other thread here: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=2215[/url]

I'm closing this one out to prevent further necromancy.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314