BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRaider View Post
    I thought the Malanthrope was considered a Gargantuan Creature ( at least in FW rules). They'll have to really dumb them down a lot to make it an even playing field, and even then they're talking making "squadrons" of Carnifexes. Which if that happens will be horrifying.

Codex creep FTW!

Nevermind, the Malanthrope is an MC. Instant Death on any wounds, though. Ouch. Trygon is classified as a Gargantuan Creature, though.
    Trygon is yeah, but no better than a 3+ save and 5 wounds at 300 points?
    I would rather spend under that for a slower 2+ save Carni with the same survivability stat-line (7 tough/5 wound/2+ save...I don't generally waste points on regen, but that makes a carni even more survivable).
    Coupled with Size (it's actually easier to get a cover save for a 'fex than a trygon) they would have to ramp UP the trygon to make it worth while (and get rid of the DS only option...)

Now Carni squads are SCARY! (though I missed that part of the rumor?)

But the trygon is borderline gargantuan in the same way that a landraider is borderline superheavy... Its statline is the weakest of all TGC... As far as 'squadrons', even though theyd be broods or squads, of Fexes go I think its a bad idea... THe current ex limits a player to a max of 6 fexes, but if theres squads then well be seeing as many as 9 fexes on top of any HQ tyrants... THey should keep nidzilla the way it is unless the army is changed radicaly in the next dex.

Chapter-Master

Hey, I'm kosher as long as we see some new plastic kits for the nids. Plastic kits we NEED:

Tyrant Guard. I mean, if you're gonna do a new Tyrant kit, do a TyG kit too. Stick enough of the present TyG in a sock and you could whack a guy.

Gargoyles. Everyone wants these. Doing a plastic kit CAN'T be that difficult for this model.

Plastic Broodlord. I don't think this is a need, but I'd love to see one in a 10-15 dollar box ala the SM commander or the fantasy wizards.

Honestly, I hope GW starts to move everything except unique characters into plastic. IG needs plastic stormtroopers. Orks need plastic Kans/Dredz. The tech is there. Let's get it going!

Chaplain

Actually, I've been telling people for ages how NidZilla isn't competitive...and nothing I know about the new Nid Dex changes that. Quite the opposite...
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Hey, I'm kosher as long as we see some new plastic kits for the nids. Plastic kits we NEED:

Tyrant Guard.(yup)

Gargoyles. (yup)

Plastic Broodlord. (don't think they'll do it for a bit, we get the one from Space Hulk I'll bet)

Honestly, I hope GW starts to move everything except unique characters into plastic. IG needs plastic stormtroopers. Orks need plastic Kans/Dredz. The tech is there. Let's get it going!
    and RAVENERS!

TKE: not many people that have been playing 'nids for any length of time really care whether nidzilla are 'competitive' or not...they play them because they love them. (let me correct this and not speak in absolutes...many of the people I know that did not jump on the Zilla wagon cause it 'roxor's when it became prevalent)

I have 7 Fexes because I like the new models so much. I don't expect to win tourney's with em, but I bloody well expect to have fun playing them.
    When I want to win an RTT, I pull out my guard/sisters/or SM...
    When I want to have FUN at an RTT regardless of results (ie; I go to socialize with new players etc) I go with my Big bugs, my orks or my 'cult' CSM lists...
    Last edited by Exitus Acta Probat; 08-20-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: tone

Veteran-Sergeant

Nids are going to be made even more awsome
    No this world is theirs!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew283 View Post
    Nids are going to be made even more awsome
    +1 for truth.

And if they're making a plastic Trygon I can't imagine them NOT making plastic Raveners.

Seriously, 'Nid Fast Attack is so $$ restrictive you hardly ever see more than 1 or 2 Raveners.

trygon isnt even close to a landraider in terms of "mass" (the volume the body consumes from a felt perspective); it is rather like a leman russ which is a common heavy tank and far from superheavy.

what I'd consider borderline superheavy/gargantuan is the hierodule ("armored hamster").

if you'd ask me I'd keep the trygons rules as they are (stat line wise). make them "normal" monstrous creatures (keeping the attack by deepstriking, maybe give the same rule to ravs), give them a 12" charge and fleet, tone down the cost a bit (prolly to 250pts because it still is a ******* carnifex which can attack from deepstrike or have a 19-24" charge distance if deployed!) and icnrease the invul from 6+ to 5+ (4+ if you want to be cheesy/make it worth 300pts).

the hasmters should be normal MCs as well. they are about the size of a landraider! the only "superheavy" about them in current rules is their speed (12" GC movement and 2d6 fleet wtf?!?) and guns.

make them keep their statline, be normal MCs, cost around 300-350pts and tone down the guns (and prolly give a 2+ save or at least an option to buy it) to normal powerlevel (4 shots s10 ap4, twinlinked for the barbed and the hellhound weapon for the scyted) and you are set. prolly make them real tanks by giving them an improved form of regenration. or fleet because the modells look quite "runney".

Isn't the Heirodule the smaller of the two Tyranid bio-titans? That seems to make them gargantuan creatures without exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
    it's about equal to (or not as good) as a medium heavy tweaked God-Fex.
    I can only agree here...
    Malanthropes and Trygons aren't that tough (although i am a screaming fanboy of both models) and wouldn't unbalance games of 40k.
    ...and i'm sure they'd just be regular ol' MCs anyway.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast