BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gaming groups northwest of the city?

Any 40k gaming groups in the vicinity of Schwenksville/Collegeville (halfway between Pottstown and King of Prussia near royersford 422)?

Franklin Mills closes at the end of next month and I need a decent gaming group which is geographically more convenient. Thanks!

Nick

Veteran-Sergeant

I personally would like to find some fantasy in NE Philly without having to travel to NJ.

Sitting in Lonely Mountain swapping stories and recipes with Dain.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlplaychiken View Post
    Any 40k gaming groups in the vicinity of Schwenksville/Collegeville (halfway between Pottstown and King of Prussia near royersford 422)?

Franklin Mills closes at the end of next month and I need a decent gaming group which is geographically more convenient. Thanks!

Nick
    Showcase Comics
    874 W Lancaster Ave
    Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-3222

(610) 527-6236

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by BilboBaggins View Post
    I personally would like to find some fantasy in NE Philly without having to travel to NJ.
    Cyborg One
    44 Rear East State St.
    Doylestown, PA 18901

(215) 348-1451

cyborg1.com

Chaplain

Another location for Showcase Comics. This store is great!

Showcase Comics
    1067 W Baltimore Pike # 185
    Media, PA 19063-5142
    (610) 891-9229

Bryn Mawr and Media are both pretty far. Im hoping to find a gaming group (more so than a store even) within 30 min or so of me. Maybe theres one around King of Prussia? Or Reading?

Thanks tho Oni

Chaplain

Bryn Mawr and Media are both pretty far. Im hoping to find a gaming group (more so than a store even) within 30 min or so of me. Maybe theres one around King of Prussia? Or Reading?

Thanks tho Oni
    We live in a rather large metropolis where multiple cities have grown on top of one another. To think that you won't need to travel a little bit is foolish. If you're looking for a club or group and can't find one than I suggest starting one of your own.

Veteran-Sergeant

In a city of over a million and metropolitan area spead over 50 mile diameter you would think there would be more store catering to the wargaming community.

GW is supposedly opening 4 stores in the region to replace Franklin Mills, the only one that I heard was definite was in Bear, Delaware. West Chester is supposedly off the table. The benefit of the Franklin Mills Philadelphia store was the ease Public Transportation to it, many people took the bus to the store (not just me). You would think they would try and find a location to benefit the people that patroned that store, they are not leaving because of lack of customers.

Sitting in Lonely Mountain swapping stories and recipes with Dain.

Quote Originally Posted by oni View Post
    We live in a rather large metropolis where multiple cities have grown on top of one another. To think that you won't need to travel a little bit is foolish. If you're looking for a club or group and can't find one than I suggest starting one of your own.

I do not mind traveling an hour to play. I do so every wednesday at present, traveling to Franklin Mills. The issue is that the car I use is not mine, but rather my parents, and they are getting irked at the wear and tear and milage I am putting on their vehicle weekly. I will have to cut it down to 1-2 trips per month unless I find a closer location within, say, 40 minutes. West Chester would have been perfect but as stated above, that option is off the table and the new possible option is actually 10-15min north of franklin mills, and so 10-15 minutes farther for me. I can do it once or twice a month perhaps, but not as often as I would like. This is why I am seeking a wargaming club within easy distance for me, even an informal one.

Chaplain

I do not mind traveling an hour to play. I do so every wednesday at present, traveling to Franklin Mills. The issue is that the car I use is not mine, but rather my parents, and they are getting irked at the wear and tear and milage I am putting on their vehicle weekly. I will have to cut it down to 1-2 trips per month unless I find a closer location within, say, 40 minutes. West Chester would have been perfect but as stated above, that option is off the table and the new possible option is actually 10-15min north of franklin mills, and so 10-15 minutes farther for me. I can do it once or twice a month perhaps, but not as often as I would like. This is why I am seeking a wargaming club within easy distance for me, even an informal one.
    I think I may be missing something here. Bryn Marr is about 20 miles from Collegeville and Media just slightly more than 30 miles. Franklin Mills is nearly 50 miles away from Collegeville.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast