BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Chimera - best weapon loadout

Is the Chimera best with turret HB and body HF?

I know the ML is stronger but its AP is much worse then the HB.

Brother-Captain

AP doesn't matter with cover, S6 actually has a chance to harm vehicles and wounds MEQ on a 2+.

When you ask for weapon load do you include the Imperial Armor options or just straight Codex: IG options?
    IA has the Autocannon and TL Heavy Bolter options, which I wish were in IG.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Battle-Brother

I change the weapon loadouts depending on what squad is inside it.

If there is a Platoon command squad with 4 flamers inside i use a multilaser and heavy flamer.

For other infantry squads I generally have a autocannon/grenade launcher or lascannon/plasmagun, the chimera for these squads has multilaser, heavybolter and heavy stubber.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post
    Is the Chimera best with turret HB and body HF?
    Neither is best. Both are different.

I know the ML is stronger but its AP is much worse then the HB.
    Now you are getting the hang of it.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chaplain

I was gutted Chimeras didn't get turret Autocannons. I'd have bought 6, right then. As it is, ML/HF is the best configuration, it's most versatile.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Brother-Captain

Man, I would kill for autocannon turrets on Chimeras.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    When you ask for weapon load do you include the Imperial Armor options or just straight Codex: IG options?
    IA has the Autocannon and TL Heavy Bolter options, which I wish were in IG.
    Sorry, newbie here. If IA has the Autocannon option, why can't we include the option for our chimeras?

Is it because FW options are not recognised in tournments or is it because we should not include include options from IA in general?

Thanks.

If you're facing a lot of enemies with an armour save of 4+ that would be denied by the heavy bolter then it's obviously superior to the multilaser. However, if you face a lot of armies with a 3+ or better save or a 4+ invulnerable save then the multilaser is better since it'll wound the big gribblies much more easily.

The best use of a multilaser is really against bikes and AV10 vehicle armour, where three S6 shots are likely to achieve much more than three S5 ones.

Edit: re Imperial Armour, you require your opponent's permission to field units and options from that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Man, I would kill for autocannon turrets on Chimeras.
    A Hurrumph for the man!

Multi-laser
    Heavy Flamer

FTW!

you may go the whole game without using the heavy flamer but it is most likely for 2 good reasons.

1. You were moving the whole time
    2. The enemy is dead in a crater made my your battle cannons and never got close enough. Grats!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast