BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Paintstation, Monster figure case and more!

Some new Christmas goodies

I for one love the monster figure case

Brother-Sergeant

*looks at price tags*

*begins to laugh hysterically*

I would never even consider a single thing on that advert.

Thows are the Aus/NZ prices. So what can us Can/US/Eng gamers expect price-wise?

I accualy really dig that Paint/cutting mat combo set. Since I move back and worth between my desk and liveing room when it comes to painting.
    Last edited by Lockark; 10-10-2010 at 01:32 PM.

But you can craft your own paint station for like 15 american at Home Depot or Lowes and the cuttiung mat form GF9 for half waht GW wants

They are Super Crazy

Librarian

My cutting mat is an old magazine... needs to be replaced soon, since it's pretty shredded by now.

My paint station is the box that I keep my paints in... and a small plastic cup for water. What use is an "official" paint station? I don't really see any benefit for the cost.

But what is the price? All it lists is the Aus/NZ prices, and we all already know the Aus/NZ prices are ALWAYS over priced.

There is a %80 price difference between the Canadian and Australian prices listed there on the things we do know like the tool kit. If it's like $44CAD for a paint/brush organizer and cutting mat then I could dig it.

By the time I pay for shipping to Canada for that little gale force 9 cutting mat is well over $20! If I got to a craft store there smallest cutting mat will be $20-ish dollars. (Cheaper then the Gale Force 9.)

There for something in the $44 range would in all honesty be reasonable. (Especially since I would not have to pay shipping or the such on it.)

Something that helps me quickly and conveniently organize and put away my paints is useful to me. Since I have very limited desk space that I also have to use for Drawing my art commissions and Paper Writing.
    Last edited by Lockark; 10-10-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

The Ausi dollar and the US dollar are worth almost the exact same:

[url]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=aud+to+usd[/url]

Basically you've got $0.99 American for every $1.00 Australian.

So yes, all of that stuff is laughably expensive. Other then paints, I would highly suggest you look elsewhere for all your hobbyist needs. If you want a cutting mat go to Walmart, they have a big variety and they're all cheap, I've been using the same one I got from Walmart for 5 years now.

[url]http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=cutting+mat&ic=48_0&search_cons traint=0[/url]

Real money values doesn't mean anything to GW.

Last I checked the Tool kit wasn't $180 USD.
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat470006a&prodId=prod1140 059[/url]

Pro Tip: It's $120 USD. Because the above is the Australian prices, witch as I said has quite a large mark-up compared to the US and CAD prices. There is a %66 price difference between the USD and AU prices for the tool kit!
    Last edited by Lockark; 10-10-2010 at 05:40 PM.

The Dark Mechanic

The problem with the GW Monster Figure Case is the same as with their other cases. The shell and foam are terrific and sturdy but the hinges and latches are frail and notoriously difficult to repair. When they break you're left with a very expensive but useless transport case. I wouldn't mind the price of the cases if the longevity on the hinges and latches was more reliably lengthy, but that is not the case and they've made no move to change or improve them in spite of the numerous broken ones out there and complaints due to same. I'll stick with my Plano 1404 cases for large models, they fit two Baneblades side by side or two Brass Scorpions, etc., they are inexpensive and the latches and hitches are sturdy.

The Mega-Paint set in the US is already in stores. It's $247.50 just like last year. The photo above is from the upcoming New Zealand/Australia White Dwarf, so prices shown are not much help for the USA.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    The Mega-Paint set in the US is already in stores. It's $247.50 just like last year. The photo above is from the upcoming New Zealand/Australia White Dwarf, so prices shown are not much help for the USA.
    Another example is the army case. It's shown there to be $165, but in the US it's still $99.

I would expect the monster case to be about $75-80 in the US when it releases here.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast