BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shas'o

I HATE that paint station! Who would trust setting that thing in your lap like that? It seems uncomfortable and a tragedy just waiting to happen. I really hate GW when they put out overpriced crap.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    I HATE that paint station! Who would trust setting that thing in your lap like that? It seems uncomfortable and a tragedy just waiting to happen. I really hate GW when they put out overpriced crap.
    Well, to be fair, GW can put out whatever they want, so don't get mad at them for trying to put out some products for a profit.

The blame lies in the consumers stupid enough to purchase this crap.

It is the same reason Hollywood cranks out Saw after Saw, or Pirates of the Whatever part 4 next year, because people give them money to do so. Oh, and they'll all probably be in 3D as well....

Instead of paying 15 bucks for a GW spray can, go to a local hobby store and buy a better quality can for 8 6.99. Or, instead of buying GW PVA glue for 8 bucks, go to a local store and buy Elmers glue for 2 bucks.

Shas'o

[QUOTE=BuFFo;101273]Well, to be fair, GW can put out whatever they want, so don't get mad at them for trying to put out some products for a profit.

[QUOTE]

Thats production, time, and money they could be spending elsewhere. They need to leave the hobby supplies out of it because they ask to much for way to little.

And who is out there buying this crap? the GW hobby supplies at my local store haven't sold! They sit there collecting dust. Selling that kind of crap only breeds discontent and GW will lose a lot of money in the end.
    Last edited by JxKxR; 10-14-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Well, to be fair, GW can put out whatever they want, so don't get mad at them for trying to put out some products for a profit.

The blame lies in the consumers stupid enough to purchase this crap.

It is the same reason Hollywood cranks out Saw after Saw, or Pirates of the Whatever part 4 next year, because people give them money to do so. Oh, and they'll all probably be in 3D as well....

Instead of paying 15 bucks for a GW spray can, go to a local hobby store and buy a better quality can for 8 6.99. Or, instead of buying GW PVA glue for 8 bucks, go to a local store and buy Elmers glue for 2 bucks.
    Almost every single post you make I find myself nodding my head going "Exactly! Finally, someone who agrees!"

Citadel = Yesterdays products at tomorrows prices.

It's your money to waste, but if you keep throwing your money at them they'll gladly keep making mediocre products that already exist at completely absurd prices.

GW dont produce them, they outsource their production. Not that I'm defending their hobby supplies, you can get cheaper at any hobby or hardware store. Though be sure to get a decent brand, I've had problems with some of the cheaper glues and tools.

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Thats production, time, and money they could be spending elsewhere. They need to leave the hobby supplies out of it because they ask to much for way to little.

And who is out there buying this crap? the GW hobby supplies at my local store haven't sold! They sit there collecting dust. Selling that kind of crap only breeds discontent and GW will lose a lot of money in the end.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

What GW markets on is the accessability of it all and bank on the fact some are lazy and happy to pay the extra because it means they can find it all in one place, which is mostly applied to those new to the hobby,
    eventually we all wizen up and shop elsewhere. A note on quality GW products suck the bigone in some areas as far as quality goes. Roughcoat.. which they don't do anymore surprise surpise.. and their super glue omg fantastic on fingers useless on everything else.

Here in Aus im totaly surprised they even have stores open anymore as most I know order online from Malestom even GW direct and even after shipping (assuming its not free) is still 1/3rd of the cost to buy in a local store and one does not have to deal with the jump in your face programed staff that laugh at you if you dont play anything imperial. :P

Scout

Default $406.19 U.S. for a paint set is obscene!

I will be buying the Vallejo set with case for $250.00.
    Not only a much better value but a much better product.

I find myself resentful of and despising of GW.
    In the past 20 years that I have dealt with them, they have shown limitless greed time and time again.

A lot of the peripheral products they sell are sub-par or junk compared to what the well read war gamer/painter choose to use in there pursuit of the hobby.

Do they have an "Official GW anal lubricant" they sell just before they penetrate you?

Chapter-Master

@brutal brandom

yes vallejo paints are better in some cases Not OTHERS

For a flat coat GWs paints are superior due that vallejos are very thin and GWs washes and foundations are great.. how ever if you are working from a white undercoat or blending vallejos are just as good

EDIT: and at lest GW is good to say asda or revel --shudder-- yes you get more ye its cheaper yes it has a bigger hole and no lid/dropper for you clogged up brush.. yes its too glossy >
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 10-23-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: fixed brandons name
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

what? i said that revel are utter bull.. and vallejo and GW are both good at making paints both of which are good at what they are meant to do.

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Scout

My mistake, your miss spelling of my forum name obviously was a spelling error not an attempt to be disrespectful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast