BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Lexicanum Additions Roadmap

Hi all,

Here's a list of planned updates to Lexicanum, scheduled for this summer:

FEATURE: Create new "Age of Sigmar" wiki on ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com subdomain. Initial content is a clone of the WFB English wiki.

FEATURE: Make name changes to old english-WFB and new ageofsigmar wikis to separate them.

FEATURE:
    Add mediawiki extension "EmbedVideo" to wikis, to allow video youtube embeds

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "GoogleRichCards" to wikis, to enhance search traffic

I will advise as they get added.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Hi all,

Here's a list of planned updates to Lexicanum, scheduled for this summer:

FEATURE: Create new "Age of Sigmar" wiki on ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com subdomain. Initial content is a clone of the WFB English wiki.

FEATURE: Make name changes to old english-WFB and new ageofsigmar wikis to separate them.

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "EmbedVideo" to wikis, to allow video youtube embeds

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "GoogleRichCards" to wikis, to enhance search traffic

I will advise as they get added.

-Larry
    I have the following questions:

1. Is there a reason why the AoS Lexi can't be called whaos.lexicanum.com? It would be more consistent with the other wikis.

2. Does the initial content have to be a clone from the WHFB? I think a blank wiki would be much easier to work on the long term, because of legacy issues and the "Mass Delete" tool could result in a lot of mistakes.

3. Will this update fix the tool bar that has been missing for over an year?
    Last edited by Ashendant; 07-14-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Are there more details as to when this process will start?

Now that summer is over, are there any news on the updates that were scheduled for the past season?

Fly Lord

The subscription module for belloflostsouls.net is complete and we are moving programming to Lexicanum.

Updates coming soon. Look for a server speed update on Lexicanum in the next few days. The site should load much faster, but keep an eye out for any thing odd that might break.

The subscription module for belloflostsouls.net is complete and we are moving programming to Lexicanum.

Updates coming soon. Look for a server speed update on Lexicanum in the next few days. The site should load much faster, but keep an eye out for any thing odd that might break.
    How are the updates progressing? Any timeline for when they will happen?

Fly Lord

We are in the middle of moving our entire network of sites off our old servers to an all new modern hosting platform. The new platform will be much faster and Lexicanum should be moving in the next couple of weeks.

We are in the middle of moving our entire network of sites off our old servers to an all new modern hosting platform. The new platform will be much faster and Lexicanum should be moving in the next couple of weeks.
    Can we assume that this will be done before next year?

I'm also going to improvise an "in-wiki forum"-like talk page. I've been delaying a bunch of discussions that need to happen because of the Forum plug-in and the split. When we get the plug-in I will transfer the discussions over to the proper place.

Fly Lord

Targeting server move completion by end of November, then onto Lex Improvements. We had actually started the Lexicanum improvements - then hit a wall with the current server that we could not work around, prompting the server move.

Targeting server move completion by end of November, then onto Lex Improvements. We had actually started the Lexicanum improvements - then hit a wall with the current server that we could not work around, prompting the server move.
    Thanks for you answer. Hopefully the update and bugfixes will be good then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast