BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fly Lord

We are moving Lexicanum to the new server tomorrow. There may be some downtime (a few minutes). Keep an eye out for anything broken when we are done, and report it here.

When things settle down in a few days, we will move onto the set of Lex updates and improvements.

-L
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    We are moving Lexicanum to the new server tomorrow. There may be some downtime (a few minutes). Keep an eye out for anything broken when we are done, and report it here.

When things settle down in a few days, we will move onto the set of Lex updates and improvements.

-L
    Thanks, I've already warned our editors through our proto-forums.

Fly Lord

OK, here's where we are:

Our programmer Jim has moved over the French, German and Warmachine wikis to the new servers. Keep an eye on those for anything odd or broken.

He's off for Thanksgiving and will return this weekend to continue the move of the last two English 40k/WFB wikis. Once those are moved to the new server he will go immediately to the Lex upgrades. I would expect the new features and AoS wiki in the next 1-2 weeks.

-Larry

Fly Lord

NOTICE

Lexicanum is now entirely moved over to our new servers.

We are now moving onto the following features being added for 40k, wbf, age of sigmar (english wikis)

FEATURE: Create new "Age of Sigmar" wiki on ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com subdomain. Initial content is a clone of the WFB English wiki.

FEATURE: Make name changes to old english-WFB and new ageofsigmar wikis to separate them.

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "EmbedVideo" to wikis, to allow video youtube embeds

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "GoogleRichCards" to wikis, to enhance search traffic

I will post here when the updates are done in the next few days. Once complete, the admins will have to fix any interwiki variables and links for the new ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com, and the renamed warhammer fantasy wiki. I belive you all fixed some variables that got broken when we renamed the wfb-aos wiki a couple years back.

Just keep an eye out for anything busted.

-Larry

Fly Lord

UPDATE:

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "EmbedVideo" to wikis, to allow video youtube embeds - ADDED

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "GoogleRichCards" to wikis, to enhance search traffic - ADDED

There is an example of an embedded Youtube video on my talk page on the 40K-English wiki. Markup code and options can be found here: [url]https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo[/url]
    I will leave it up to the admins to determine the templates, rules, guidelines and sample pages to rollout the new video embeds for pages.

We are moving onto the Age of Sigmar / Warhammer - The Old World wiki split next.

UPDATE:

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "EmbedVideo" to wikis, to allow video youtube embeds - ADDED

FEATURE: Add mediawiki extension "GoogleRichCards" to wikis, to enhance search traffic - ADDED

There is an example of an embedded Youtube video on my talk page on the 40K-English wiki. Markup code and options can be found here: [url]https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo[/url]
    I will leave it up to the admins to determine the templates, rules, guidelines and sample pages to rollout the new video embeds for pages.

We are moving onto the Age of Sigmar / Warhammer - The Old World wiki split next.
    Great! I've [URL="https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Skragrott"]tested the video feature[/URL], but I'm still learning the ropes and can't get it exactly how I wanted it.

After the split we need to deal with the few bugs the Lexis have.
    Last edited by Ashendant; 12-05-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Fly Lord

UPDATE

FEATURE: Create new "Age of Sigmar" wiki on ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com subdomain. Initial content is a clone of the WFB English wiki. - ADDED

FEATURE: Make name changes to old english-WFB and new ageofsigmar wikis to separate them. - ADDED

Admins, please update/fix any interwiki variables and links for the new ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com (name: "Age of Sigmar"), and the renamed warhammer fantasy wiki (name: "Warhammer - The Old World"). I believe you all fixed some variables that got broken when we renamed the wfb-aos wiki a couple years back.

If you see anything broken you can't fix, please make a list here, or on my talk page and Jim will take a look.
    Last edited by Bigred; 12-05-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
    Great! I've [URL="https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Skragrott"]tested the video feature[/URL], but I'm still learning the ropes and can't get it exactly how I wanted it.
    The sample video page looks great! I would pass on your test to the other admins and help them come up with rules and guidelines / templates for including video content. Now it's just a matter of digging back through the GW Youtube archives and putting videos in appropriate pages.

The sample video page looks great! I would pass on your test to the other admins and help them come up with rules and guidelines / templates for including video content. Now it's just a matter of digging back through the GW Youtube archives and putting videos in appropriate pages.
    We cannot get any of the attributes to trigger, as mentioned in [url]https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo#Attributes_for_parser_tags[/url], which we really need to make the video presentable.

UPDATE

FEATURE: Create new "Age of Sigmar" wiki on ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com subdomain. Initial content is a clone of the WFB English wiki. - ADDED

FEATURE: Make name changes to old english-WFB and new ageofsigmar wikis to separate them. - ADDED

Admins, please update/fix any interwiki variables and links for the new ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com (name: "Age of Sigmar"), and the renamed warhammer fantasy wiki (name: "Warhammer - The Old World"). I believe you all fixed some variables that got broken when we renamed the wfb-aos wiki a couple years back.
    We should probably work on making the new wiki visually distinctive and adding a link to it on the main Lexicanum.com page.

Also what's the status of the German AoS Lexi? We don't need a french one due to lack of content, but the German side has lots of it.

If you see anything broken you can't fix, please make a list here, or on my talk page and Jim will take a look.
    I've found a total 6 bugs, mostly on the FB wiki. I created images to show what these are, however I can't upload them here.

I've managed to create an Imgur album with the bugs describbed.

EDIT: I can't upload the images here because it tells me it's the wrong file type(it is the correct file type). It doesn't let me post the link to Imgur because I get a security alert trigger. I'm gonna send the link to imgur album by mail. Tell me if you receive it.

EDIT2: I need to add that bug number 2 (Special: Category page listing deleted categories) is extremely important when it comes to cleaning the wikis. I really need this tool fully functional now that they are split and I think should be prioritised above the rest.
    Last edited by Ashendant; 12-06-2019 at 10:53 AM.

After a week most of the FB Lexicanum is now clean of AoS content. All that's left is a bunch of minor tasks and cleanup that needs to be done but it's not that important. I'm gonna go ahead and move to the AoS Lexi, because I'm exhausted of working on FB Lexi and want to move on.

Any news on when we can get the Special: Categories tool bug fixed? I really need that bug fixed to make sure I'm deleting everything that needs to be deleted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12