BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Doom of Malantai - How do I kill this thing?

The Doom of Malantai severely annoys me. It's T4, 3++ with 10 Wounds after it eats a squad or two. My Imperial Guard have a major problem dealing with this thing. What are good tactics for killing it?

Shoot it with three S8 weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    The Doom of Malantai severely annoys me. It's T4, 3++ with 10 Wounds after it eats a squad or two. My Imperial Guard have a major problem dealing with this thing. What are good tactics for killing it?
    Missile launchers to the face, a lot of them.....They fail one missile launcher save and they go bye bye...not matter how many wounds (no eternal warrior I believe)

Brother-Sergeant

No, it doesn't have eternal warrior. It's frustrating to kill, but if you treat it with the same priority as a Monstrous creature and point lascannons, missiles or melta if you're really desperate, it'll keel over.

Chapter-Master

Lascannons, Meltas and Missile Launchers.

I think IG can field one or two of those weapons....

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Fish View Post
    No, it doesn't have eternal warrior. It's frustrating to kill, but if you treat it with the same priority as a Monstrous creature and point lascannons, missiles or melta if you're really desperate, it'll keel over.
    you should be happy i stopped using him squirrel

Chaplain

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Fish View Post
    Yes He (it?) really hates Lascannons & Krak Missiles!
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Chapter-Master

All ya need, in crummy statistics, is 3 Str8+ wounds, which is ~3.6 hits, which is about 7.2 shots (in the BS3 world). So, if you fire roughly 8 Str 8 Shots at Doom in one round, you should kill it.

Roughly.

Meltaguns, Battlecannons, Demolisher Cannons, Lascannons, Missiles, Democharges, Manticore Missiles, Basilisks.

It's honestly very easy to kill. The Doom got nerfed pretty hard after the FAQ. It's a one-trick pony that lives for 1 turn before dying. Not very competitive at all.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nungunz View Post
    Meltaguns, Battlecannons, Demolisher Cannons, Lascannons, Missiles, Democharges, Manticore Missiles, Basilisks.

It's honestly very easy to kill. The Doom got nerfed pretty hard after the FAQ. It's a one-trick pony that lives for 1 turn before dying. Not very competitive at all.
    How did the FAQ nerf the Doom that makes it easier to kill than already listed in the tyrnaid codex?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast