BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Daemonhunters Wishlisting Thread

Hey everybody,

With the Dark Eldar finally on our doorstep I think it's time we started looking toward the next release, my personal favorite, the Inquisition (now Codex: Grey Knights). I'll share some of the things I'd like to see and you guys feel free to post the same. It's nice to know what other players want and expect.

For me I want an Airborne Storm Trooper army (which is what I play now through a mixture of IG and FW rules). I love the guys in black that kick down doors, grab the suspect, put a bag over his/her/its head and cart it off to be interrogated before anyone knows what's happened. I'm not interested in super humans, just plain bad ***** will do.

I would like:

IG Storm Troopers as Troops
    - cheaper, maybe without the Special Operations rule
    - WS 4 - no they're not as good as marines but they should be better than GEQ's
    - Valkyries (not Vendettas) as dedicated Transports
    - built in reserve bonuses

Strong Inquisitor character or good optios to build your own
    - strong psykers please
    - should be buffer characters but combat monster wouldn't be bad
    - multiple slots, Elites and HQ as now

Good Daemonhost rules

Good Assassin rules

That's all.
    "No one hides from the Eye, No one hides from the Sky!"

Chapter-Master

I want four things, mainly;
    1. FA GKs that have both Heroic Intervention and Gate of Infinity
    2. Descent of Angels, but for teleporting rather than jump packs
    3. Nightfight shrouding, 2+ saves, invulnerable, whatever, just make GKs less fragile and over priced
    4. Squad based psychic powers as options. As in not mandatory, but with lots of cool options. Special rules similar to the Warlock psychic powers would be cool, too
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

1. keep the force weapon the way it is now (does not cause instant death, but kills you).

2. upgraded psyker abilites and more powers to choose from

3. i fully agree with you on inquisitor, let them be as customizable (or more) as a standard HQ choice would be.

4. keep IST cheap, and give the HQ inquistor lord a CHOICE on either, to take or not to take a retinue.

thats all i can think off top of my head... oh and keep the +2 str on NFW...but make them ALL Power weapons

maybe have it were normal pa gk's get +1str. Terminators/justicars get +2 and GM's get force weapon option.

Veteran-Sergeant

The ability to make a viable radical list. But given the new title of the codex that isn't likely to happen.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mysterex View Post
    The ability to make a viable radical list. But given the new title of the codex that isn't likely to happen.
    What would a radical list have in it besides a Daemonhost? Daemon weapon for the Inquisitor?

Having the assassins do EXACTLY what they're supposed to do and do it well. Make them all viable choices in their own ways so that we don't just see the Callidus assasinorium present in every inquisitorial force. Have the Vindicaire ACTUALLY be able to kill sergeants, IC's, MC's, etc. but make him weak in CC. Have the Eversor be an absolute menace in CC but have him be a glass cannon that blows up when you kill him. Also, most importantly, have some sort of mechanism for denying their loss as a KP. Let's face it, a single model isn't very tough to take down (barring guys like the Sanguinor, Mephiston, etc.) and these guys should not be fire absorbing tanks.

Perhaps something along the lines of "Nominate an enemy IC or MC. If the assassin succeeds in eliminating said enemy, he does not count as a kill point in the mission." Or perhaps, in cases like the Callidus, some sort of "extraction" option so you can remove her from play if you succeed in your assassination, and have her not count as a KP. Seems fluffy, makes sense, and makes it a competitively viable choice.

Oh and having Daemonhosts be totally bonkers good if you pump enough points into them would be awesome. Think Cherubael from Eisenhorn. Yeah. Something tells me he might be able to lay the smackdown in some games and not be a T4 insta-gib pansy like the current daemonhosts.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    4. keep IST cheap, and give the HQ inquistor lord a CHOICE on either, to take or not to take a retinue.
    Yeah, I don't want IG Stormtroopers. They kinda suck. Their special missions rule is cool, but they pay too much for those AP3 lasguns.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Yeah, I don't want IG Stormtroopers. They kinda suck. Their special missions rule is cool, but they pay too much for those AP3 lasguns.
    One small change can make a difference. GW has taken to fixing their mistakes if new codices give them the chance. A small special rule like Descent of Angels made Vanguard awesome and Devastators got a points decrease when in the BA codex.

Librarian

if not IST's then something to represent a Inquistor's force, that is if the rumor (their taking allies out of the codex) is true, it would be nice to see the inquistor get some lovin from GW, instead of just being tossed aside and added as an after thought...

you can get the old stormtroopers even in the current IG dex. they are called veterans with plate armor

I myself would love the NEW stormtroopers as troops in the DH codex. the might need to get a combat mission that makes them better at holding objectives (maybe stealth or FNP or forcing the oponent to roll for ngihtsight to see them or whatever).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast