BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is blogging about my 45 Dark Eldar games somethnig you would read and follow?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am interested in seeing what happens.

120 87.59%
  • No thank you.

17 12.41%
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by newtoncain View Post
    I like vassel, but the video is better bang for the buck. 1 hr of work vs 8 for the same result.

Do the videos
    I have to agree with this.

To throw in there. I have a hard time imagining what's happening in the vassal reports alot of times. Because the vassel reports are just aproxmiations of were everything was dureing the game.

Being able to see EXACTLY were the models are sitting, What kinda of terriean you were dealing with, and see the game progressing makes it easyer to follow the flow of the action. It also makes it easyer to understand why you make certine choices.

Especially in 5th ed since the models use TLOS, being able to see the accualy board helps alot.

Not to boot. Buffo accualy has a pretty good on-camera presence. It makes him more interesting to listen to then some other battle reports I have watched.
    (I accualy like his more then a lot of the ones that get posted on the main sight.)

First-Captain

Buffo:

Fist: I appreciate the batreps--both in vassel and in vid format.

Both have their advantages: Vassel you get "time freeze" overhead of what happens each turn. So you can pause, analyze and dissect what happens. Video lets you see things as they're going down, which gives a better sense of action and honest reaction to what happened in each turn.

I don't have ADHD, and I find the fact that it takes 6 hours (iirc) to do a vassel report mind-numbing to contemplate. I guess there's a reason they only used to do one batrep a month in WD with the turn by turn diagrams.

And...you're not getting paid for this. Getting paid would be the only reason I'd see for doing vassel-time.

There's also the selfish side of things: You've been very clear about only doing these reports as long as they're fun. Vassel reports seem like they would sap the fun right out of them. Watching/reading the reports are not only informative, but also enjoyable.

I vote video.

Vassal isn't hard at all. I'd imaging its documenting what was done in the turn that would be the hardest. And, that's easy if you have a video of it. Editing video can be a nightmare.

Occuli Imperator

I vote video... Vassal is neat and ideally you would do both, but if you choose one go video.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I vote video...with a brief text description as well...often don't get the chance to watch a 10 minute video, so some idea whats going on is nice

And keep the conclusion bits at the end. Your wise conclusions are great!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Video for me - it's fun to see the players behind the games, the funny comments etc - what would be good is seeing some of those critical moments on camera - like that all important face-off between characters, game winning dice offs etc to get reactions from both Buffo and the opponent - for me those are the most satisfying moments of gaming! I'm also inspired to do this sort of reporting myself, it sure makes gaming more interesting to be involved in and share with fans across the globe.

So it's gotta be video Buffo!

Vassal for two reasons:

There are those of us who do not have the luxury of sound when patrolling the Internets (at work, in school, computer labs) and as such it is hard to gain any information about what happens in a video.

Vassal is much better at showing what happened during a turn, and for analyzing the choices for each unit at the end of each turn. It is very clear where things are in respect to each other since in a video it is not possible for the viewer to see the entire table and the relationships between units.

I understand vassal takes more time than a video, but vassal is a good way for not only your viewers to learn how units preform, but most of all for you Buffo. Vassal forces you to document exactly what each unit is doing each turn, their successes and their failures, so in fact you will be able to gain a great deal of knowledge that is likely to stick with you since you spent many hours dissecting each game.

I've been liking the Vassal ones more, it's clearer and it's easier to read while at work!

Scout

Vassal, as it's the only option for me

I work at remote locations and logon to a terminal server from there. Have you ever tried to watch a video while logged on remotely on a terminal server? Even lack of sound's really not a problem in that case. In some cases, not even the BolS website will load, due to the embedded flash frames.

Chapter-Master

Thank you guys for your continuing support! This is for you all who have stood by me

[url=http://awesomesaucestudio.blogspot.com/2010/12/500-hellion-gangers-versus-chaos-space.html]500 Hellion Gangers versus Chaos Space Marines - Game 20[/url]
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast