BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is blogging about my 45 Dark Eldar games somethnig you would read and follow?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am interested in seeing what happens.

120 87.59%
  • No thank you.

17 12.41%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Ahhhh....

Now that you have educated me, I think I see some merit with using Reavers to harass Heavy Support units...

I think my Reavers, under years of dust, are finally going ot see some play!

Thanks for the advice on the Reavers. Much appreciated!
    Yeah. I don't think you could rely on it completely to take care of Long Fangs, but it is definately a way of distracting the enemy and doing some damage, picking off a few of those missile launchers
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Yeah. I don't think you could rely on it completely to take care of Long Fangs, but it is definately a way of distracting the enemy and doing some damage, picking off a few of those missile launchers
    That is perfectly fine...

Part of a good Dark Eldar strategy is misdirection. Having your opponents waste time trying to kill bait units while your more effective units stay alive longer.

In all my games, my Jetbike Archon will just move 24" towards the enemy, soaking up as much anti tank fire as possible, so that my more important Troop units can move into position/cover in the early game, to set myself up for the later turns.

I would certainly be interested in seeing the blog. And good luck in the endevour

Fly Lord

Here's my first thoughts on Reavers:

They will make Dark Eldar players masters of terrain placement. In particular, you will want to make sure you find a pair or even better trio of total LoS blocking items that are within 36" of each other.

Then the Reapers turboboost between them every turn, never assaulitng, or shooting, and cut down small straggler squads, or even more importantly the smaller fire support infantry squads (read Long Fangs) folks like to stick in the rearfield.

I'm thinking 6 man squads with dual caltrops and no other extras to keep the cost down, either boosting into cover turn 1, or reserving based on whether you win thr roll for first turn.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

As a definite DE fledgling (I've only played with the book for about a year, and I held off on models until, well, now) I'm pretty interested.

Reavers seem like they'll be a fun distraction unit... better against some armies, but anything that helps soften a squad up a bit is a good thing. They do have that pinning attack (Grav beam?), but pinning is such a longshot these days anyway.

I, too, am quite sad to see the horrorfex, terrorfex, and xenospasm go. Seems like a big missed opportunity on GW's part.

Chapter-Master

What is this crap?

What is with all the new names for everything? Why is an Archite now a Succubus? What the frag is a Klavex? Hekatrix, seriously?

The Court of the Archon has the dumbest names I have ever seen.

I think GW took how ugly the current models are, and translated their ugliness into the new units and model names.

Am I alone in this? Maybe I am just being retarded, but for frags sake, the names look like some 5 year old thought them up.

Also, I am not a fan of our new Leadership stats. I rather enjoyed having 8 across the board, even with unit upgrades. Now we act like Marines with a Leadership 9 unit upgrade model. Not pleased. I liked my Leadership 8, and the challenges it brought.

Grisly Trophies? We can now reroll morale tests? Why does this exist? I know GW wanted to give noobs a leadership trick, like how every army has them, so their flimsy Wyches and Warriors don't run away form battle so easily, but I took pride in knowing my army had no Leadership tricks. At least our new leadership trick is tied to a flimsy transport, so it doesn't seem all that 'bad' to me.

Once again, I think I am in the minority in this as well.

But seriously, the names are what is pissing me off. The names don't even have a theme to them anymore. What am I supposed to 'feel'? Undead? Hellraiser? Ancient Greek Mythology? Kindergarten Thought Processes?

You know, raising Dark Lances from 10 points to 25 points doesn't bother me ONE BIT. It's the minor style changes that irk me, like these FRAGGIN UGLY NAMES, No more Pinning and Leadership increase for an army that is supposed to be full of back stabbing twits who'll run if it suits them to save their own skins!!!

- Stomps feet like a bratty child, or a mid 20's female who doesn't get what she wants -

BIGRED FIX THIS NOW!!!
    Last edited by BuFFo; 10-14-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Librarian

Well, at least with the names, there's a good solution... Permanent Marker.

Succubus? Psh, you're an Archite now! Hekatrixe? Sorry, goddess of witchcraft, but now you're just a man-hunting, soul-sucking daemon. Klavex? Nope, that's the Incubi Master. Also... Klaives and Demiklaives? More like Punishers and Disemboweler Blades to me.

The thing that's been making me pretty sad recently is the total lack of a Jetbike HQ. I mean, I can see why they took it away from the Archon, from both a fluff and gameplay perspective. But seriously, the Archite needs one!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Well, at least with the names, there's a good solution... Permanent Marker.

Succubus? Psh, you're an Archite now! Hekatrixe? Sorry, goddess of witchcraft, but now you're just a man-hunting, soul-sucking daemon. Klavex? Nope, that's the Incubi Master. Also... Klaives and Demiklaives? More like Punishers and Disemboweler Blades to me.

The thing that's been making me pretty sad recently is the total lack of a Jetbike HQ. I mean, I can see why they took it away from the Archon, from both a fluff and gameplay perspective. But seriously, the Archite needs one!
    Kymerae? KYMERAE?? KYMERAE?? KYMERAE??

WTF?!?!?!?!

Rob Leifeld couldn't come up with worse names if he tried!!!!
    Last edited by BuFFo; 10-14-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Librarian

hahaha... I had forgotten about that one. The thing doesn't even have multiple heads!

The Court of the Archon so far seems pretty meh, so I'm not gonna bother renaming a unit I'll never take... but their names are pretty questionable. Medusae? I mean, I guess the eye beam power almost makes sense... if you don't know anything about Greek mythology.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Kymerae? KYMERAE?? KYMERAE?? KYMERAE??

WTF?!?!?!?!

Rob Leifeld couldn't come up with worse names if he tried!!!!
    At least he wasn't in charge of drawing/designing the mini sculpts...

Ach, the crimes he committed in the comic world...

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast